• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need a bit of help and advice plz guys

pinkylin

Hi all ive not been on for a couple of wks coz been feelin a bit peed of my weightloss since surgery has been really really slow i got my op in november 09 and im near 6months out and ive only manage to lose since op 4st 3lb but all together including pre op diet 4st 13 and my weightloss is still really slow i knw near everyone ive talked to whos had the gastric bypass has lost soooooooo much more than me i knw you shouldnt compare but come on guys why am i not losin as well as others where am i goin wrong ok its a givin i dont eat much and that is prob where the prob lies but im stuglin with certain foods and im stuck for ideas on what to eat im ok with most meat now espesh chicken but really it gets borin havin chicken every single day i also eat mini baby bell light but again everyday gets borin can anyone shed any ligght on what i can do to get the pounds of a lil quicker plz also my hair is really comin out now even though im takin selenium ive been told to take zinc to but not got any as yet but will get some soon me thinks i dont take any protein powders i cant stand em but i got my bloods done and they said my protein levels are fine so why so much hair loss if it keeps up and i start getin patches i dont think i will be goin out anymore lin.xx:cry:

jo_ jo

Lin

Keep you chin up hun. It is not an easy ride one bit.

My hair fell out in huge amounts until about 8 months. Now I have lots of new hair growing thats about 1 inch long so it does come back again. I was really upset losing my hair I also took zinc but it made no difference to it.

I dont know why your weight loss is slow but you have done really really well to lose the amount that you have lost tho. So well done you

Maybe someone else will come along and give you some advise as to what will help

Keep going hun

Jo
xx

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi hun sorry ur having a hard time at the mo. Hun i 2 compare myself to others and that is a downward spiral and has got me so down, you have done well and lost loads and should be proud of urself.
They do say we should lose a stone a month but that is over a period of time it usually pans out to that stone a month.
Have u taken some recent pics as i bet ur still shrinking and maybe take ur measurements, i stalled for nearly 4 weeks right at the start and it really got me down.
Could u be stalling at the mo and maybe u need to change ur diet buy upping ur protein and upping ur water and poss reducing some carbs and doing more exercise.

Maybe u could post the last 2/3 days menus so the experienced peeps can offer u some advice as i am only a baby bypasser 6 weeks old lol.

Take care hun and i hope ur weight starts moving soon for u and u start to feel better, am sure the experienced crew will soon be along xxx

katstofat

hy i had my op on 19th oct last year and ive only lost 4st 3lb so youve done better than me. i really let it get me down at first but i know i had things over christmas that didnt help me and now ive not been eating enough as ive not much interst in food at the moment. ive now started to eat salads again though im really enjoying them and las week i lost 3lb im also eating fruit and yougurt every day ,that shape zero with no fat or sugar is to die for, im having boiled eggs with my salad and chiken or tuna mostly and ive cut my bread down to hardly any. as i said i lost 3lb last week so i must be doin something right at last .....................kath x

Cuppacocoa

wants the sunshine back!
Hi Lin, what makes you think your weightloss is really slow compared to others since your surgery? I had my op a week before you and have lost 4 stone 9lbs since my op, I'm really pleased with that! I think you're doing great. My hair is still falling out too, not massively but enough for me to notice it looks thinner. Try not to worry too much about it as stress will make it worse.

Cuppa xx

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
Ia agree with cuppa what makes you think your weightloss isnt good?? Your doing fine as far as i can see! How about adding sauces to your chicken? You should be able to eat most things by now my fav at 5 months was bacon, eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms! I took zinc straight after my op and my hair wasnt much of a problem, i do have some left over about 2 pots if you pm me your address i could post them to you, it's worth a try if it's getting you down? Chin up Pinky try and stay positive xxx

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
I had my op a little bit before you on 29th October 2009 and I am a slower loser compared to others, if I look at others numbers that have lost 80-90lbs in the same time as me when I am at 65lbs, so I am a bit of a slow loser but you know what, who cares!!! Weight off is better than weight on and it is all going in the right direction and this isnt a race, this is a lifelong journey and as long as we get to where we need to go why does it matter how quickly we get there, though I must admit that it is only a recent thing that I have that attitude, I am much happier now that I am in this mind set.
I didnt lose any weight this week and I think I know why.
I am eating nowhere near enough, I am trying to ammend this but for now it is a struggle and I know that it really isnt helping me.
I also havent had my daily Actimel this week.
I had read about probiotics being helpful to post-oppers and so I got myself some (plain flavour due to the sugar content of many of the flavours) and that seemed to up my average weekly loss from 0lb-1lb to an average of between 2 and 3lbs. In weeks where I dont have one daily or I dont have any at all I lose virtually nothing (like this week losing none) and it simply cant be chance that when I do have one daily that I lose more.
So my advice would be to try a daily Actimel and see how you go, it sure works for me.
I really do have to be sure to have them again because maintaining this week is sucky (though I dont mind THAT much as my measurements have changed this week).
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Steph xx

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
My op was just a couple of weeks after yours and I have only lost a few pounds more than you. Your loss seems normal to me. (((HUGS))) Just stay positive and know you are getting the same losses as many of us who had their dates around you.

Sambucca

Hugs Pinky, and as the others have said, actually your loss is not as slow as you think it is.

We see this figure of a stone a month banded around, but I dont know of anyone actually that has lost a stone a month after the first couple of months. Im at almost 8 months now and am losing at about 1/2 stone a month now on average.

Dont give up hope hun. Are you still losing? Are you drinking enough? Are you getting enough food? A common mistake is to think that eating less = quicker weight loss, when in fact, if the body isn't getting enough it will go into starvation mode.

pinkylin

awwwwwwwwwwww thank you so much girls for all you advice and after reading what you have all put i dont think im eating enough so that maybe why im not losin very much at the mo can i ask how many times a day do you eat and what do you all eat i cant eat eggs and i havnt tried bread yet as i wasnt sure you could have it unless its toasted the only bread toasted that i can eat is brown small loaf or seeded batch thats my fave but i only have 1 peice about 3 times a wk so i dont eat loads of it but can i have it as bread not toast as i was craving a ham butty the other day but thought no i better not i better have toast lol anyway any help on what and how many times you eat would be great girls im eating about 3 times a day breaky which is multigrain cereal or toast lunch is chicken salad but only a very small bowl as i still dont seem to be able to eat a hell of alot and then for tea it is norm 2 ryvita with low fat cheese on or meat or cheesy mash baby bowl or very small jacket spud with beans on or somethin and if i do snack throught the day it is on mini baby bell or yogurt or a small banana or a few grapes or strawberrys if its in sometimes with a lil bit of low fat ice cream on and i sometimes have mini milks am i eating the right stuff one thing i am very thankfull for is the weight ive lost so far and the size ive gone down to im officially in a size 18 as of today i used to be a 32/34 so i know ive come a long way also my colestarol soz cant spell it is 4.2 the doc said whatever your doin keep doin it coz its keepin that down i was made up coz it was a lil high and they did say they may put me on meds for it but thats now out the window yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy hehehe thanx again girls youve really touched me with your help love n hugs to us all on this very hard emotional but worth it journey lin.xxxxxx

rybens

yorkie puddin!
Your doing really well weight wise dont beat yourself up x i have weeks where i dont lose then 3 good weeks in a row. I eat three times a day now and add a little more protien into breakfast by adding nuts and when ever i have a hot drink use milk as well as powdered skimmed milk , and at lunch add different cheese to chicken or tuna salads to liven it up and tea times mix my protines between meat fish chicken and omlets. Some weeks i really can not understand why i have not lost weight as the calories have been low exersize been good but i know deep down somthing's gotta give and in time it will and it will for you, keep up the good work you will be fine x

pinkylin

thanx hun.x

girly girl

I no we read about people that loss 5lb a week and have lost 6st in 5month but most people i no dont i was done 6th nov and iv lost 4st 2lb i can eat any food and do i drink when i want and dont go to the gym yet and when i went for my check up they where happy with my weight loss my hair has started falling out a lot to please try not to stress about it you are not alone just keep trying new food and keep drinking your water and you will get back to normal soon hope it helps to no some people are the same.
xxx

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
HI Pinky
As some have already said your weight loss is on track with the timing of your surgery i've lost 7 and a half stone in 7 and a half months so roughly the same rate as yourself. I have always stuck with eating roughly every two to 3 hours inc my 3 main meals, this seems to keep me going and makes it a bit easier for me personally. Although my loss is slower now i'm still losing and have been fortunate to only stall once for two weeks in the early stages. I've never taken protein shakes i can't get them down. Don't get down Pinky eat a little but more often see if it helps. You are doing really well xx

jean13

I'm also losing weight at about the same rate as you, I started at exactly the same weight 20st 4lb and today I weigh 15st 12lbs so happy with this. Have had to stop comparing myself with others, as I had my opp on the 3rd Oct so nearly 6mths out and should really be 6 stone down.

So just keep up the good work, and take care.

Jeanx

pinkylin

thanx girls im feelin a bit more positive today i think im just goin to try and eat more and more often aswell but its what to eat i stuck for ideas all the time but i will pull e sox up and cary on lol