• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 Days post Op need help!!!

Ellen11

I'm 6 days post op and need help with what to eat, still have a week of fluids to go and need some serious help with what to eat as I'm not in taking an awful lot. I will be most grateful for any help xxx

Ellen, just follow your providers guidance. Your body is still recovering from op and the after effects of the anaesthetic. Generally the advice is to not worry so much about the calories/protein at this stage, but to keep the fluid levels up (clear or liquid, you could get physically through a straw) so you don't dehydrate. X

I'm 8 days today my provider said fluids one week and pureed 2 weeks so for
Breakfast had a yogurt drink
Lunch had 3 brussels sprouts 6 slices of carrot and 1 tablespoon of mash & 2 tablespoons of gravy all pureed up like baby food and the taste was like heaven really struggled to get it
For tea I'm having mushroom soup
And throughout the day will have drunk 1lt of water which I struggle with ...
Hope that helps xx

Yes thanks!! It's good to hear what others are doing.

Really confused I just don't want to do it wrong and had a real hard day yesterday battling the craving for new tastes, it's quite a confusing time too, I'm unsure if the sensation is hunger or pain?!?? I've now bought fresh soups and blended them down and hope that's not wrong! How are u feeling since the op? X

Yes thanks!! It's good to hear what others are doing.

Really confused I just don't want to do it wrong and had a real hard day yesterday battling the craving for new tastes, it's quite a confusing time too, I'm unsure if the sensation is hunger or pain?!?? I've now bought fresh soups and blended them down and hope that's not wrong! How are u feeling since the op? X

No that's what I had the last few days and I know what ya mean!!
Am I hungry ??? Or is this just normal with the band weird sensations lol but I hope me & the band become best friends real soon lol
I made my own soups from normally but just haven't bothered yet it's being a roller coaster of a week & now i just want a slow climb to the top my goal is to be 10stone for may ...

I'm just looking forward to feeling normal and hope one day I too will see the 10's on the scales but that won't be for I while yet!!!

That's exciting stuff for you, May is not far away at all you will have reached ur goal before u know it :) xx

Hope so I'm 14 stone 8 lb now
I have lost 1st 4lb in 3 weeks on per op and 1 Wk post op ..
It's a journey we will be on together ;)
Chat lots along the way xx

Yeah that sounds brill! I've done 1st 2lb in the same amount of time :) and hoping to see more and more, already prepared my head to see a fluctuation when I eat more "normally" x x

Me to ;)
Just taking one day at a time for the moment had a bit of drama yesterday Dr sent me into A&E thinking i was having a PE but thank got I only have chest & kidney infection so the meds are playing havoc with my tummy lol
At the moment my new friend Mr Band is being kind restriction wise just the wind & rumbling is a pain in the ass lol

Your soups should be fine, just sieve out any lumps or blend it. The consistency of the liquid should be able to pass up through a straw, but dont drink through a straw.

You can have fruit juice, vegetable juice, smoothies (strained to remove lumps!), as well as milkshake - use no added sugar crusha, milky coffees/latte's, even options or weight watchers hot chocolate. Thinned down yoghurts, drinking yoghurts are all good too. But before anything make sure you're getting enough liquids and do not dehydrate, a good couple of litres :)

Liquid stage :-( I remember it well! I struggled so much because I was desparate for flavour but didn't want what I had. Eventually I started to feel ok with sugar free ice lollies and diluted apple juice. Any soups or smoothies just didnt seems to taste right. Towards the end of the 2 weeks I started to have yoghurt made runny with milk. To be honest though the crave for taste would get so bad I would suck on a piece of ham!!

Ha ha I love that u sucked on ham it's the sort of thing I would resort to :)

Thanks for ur tips and sharing experiences it's such a relief to not feel abnormal xx

Back