• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 5 and feeling better

Think I spoke too soon about feeling better! I've had left shoulder wind pain for most of today, tried using heat packs and found out that the medication I got from my GP has the same ingredients as Windeze. Not helping much and just wondering if having 4mls in my band is too much. I only say this as I've just read a blog from a girl who had the same problem so she had 2mls taken out and felt better. Think I'll speak to my advisor tomorrow assuming she is around during Easter.

Think I spoke too soon about feeling better! I've had left shoulder wind pain for most of today, tried using heat packs and found out that the medication I got from my GP has the same ingredients as Windeze. Not helping much and just wondering if having 4mls in my band is too much. I only say this as I've just read a blog from a girl who had the same problem so she had 2mls taken out and felt better. Think I'll speak to my advisor tomorrow assuming she is around during Easter.

You poor thing I really feel for you. How many days since your op? I struggled to get rid of the wind pain I was constipated too. Which I think made it harder to shift the wind are you suffering constipation too? I only had 1 ml from surgery so can't answer that question but I always thought that over restriction ment struggling with eating and drinking I'm not sure if would make your wind pain worse. Start another thread with help needed and the experienced banders will see. Def try your provider too.. Feel better soon honey it's a rough couple of weeks after surgery that's for sure xx

So sorry your feeling rough with the wind pain still have you tried rocking or someone else I read did squats they helped them just some ideas hope it goes for you soon

Was banded in January, the first two weeks are a nightmare but it does get better, by week three you should feel a lot better and by week four when you start eating proper food again your energy levels with increase and you will feel you again. Take two to three weeks off work x

Hi, had a better day yesterday but the pain is back again. A nurse rang me yesterday but said I was doing and taking what I should so the pain will settle. Feel such a wuss though and fed up moaning about it. Trying some liquid Ibuprofen for the pain as co-codamol not good for me. Might improve when I get on more solids hopefully x

just keep doing what your doing hunni with time it will ease up..... keep taking the pain meds if it helps, keep sipping without taking into much more air lol move as much as your able chew the windeze have u tried gripe water? x x x

Yes, i've tried Gripe Water and it's horrible! Going to see my GP tomorrow for a sick note for work as I don't feel ready or fit enough to go back on Monday. Managed to eat soup today so a bit more sustinence for my body.

Yes, i've tried Gripe Water and it's horrible! Going to see my GP tomorrow for a sick note for work as I don't feel ready or fit enough to go back on Monday. Managed to eat soup today so a bit more sustinence for my body.

Your doing the right thing by getting the doctor to sign you off sick, I got signed off for two weeks, I had no energy to go back, believe me though as soon as you go onto solids you will feels so much better and you will forget how rough you are feeling at the moment. Hold in there hun, it will be worth it in the end when those clothes are hanging off you xx

I was wondering about time off work? Is it up to my company whether I can take sick days? I don't really want to use up my holiday days. I also don't really want to tell them, and I know my surgeon would be vague about a reason if it had to be put in a letter. But can you ask for advance sick days for the week of the op?

I was wondering about time off work? Is it up to my company whether I can take sick days? I don't really want to use up my holiday days. I also don't really want to tell them, and I know my surgeon would be vague about a reason if it had to be put in a letter. But can you ask for advance sick days for the week of the op?

I was honest with the company that I work for, I had mixed responses, some managers felt that I should take it off as holiday as it was my choice to have surgery. I made a joke that it was their fault that I was fat as the breakroom is full of vending machines full of crisps and chocolate, they did not know where to take me serious or not, I told them that I was not prepared to take it off as holidays and gave them two weeks notice.

I took my sick note into them one week after surgery, they could see how much pain I was in and agreed to pay full sick pay for two weeks. Your surgeon will issue you a doctors note but it will not state what you have had done, you could always tell them that you have a hernia, they will never question you on that or ladies problems! x

I think it depends who your employer is. I had intended to have my banding done during a holiday week but my employer said I had to take it as sick leave which I then booked in advance. I got a sick note from my GP who is really understanding and knew I didn't want my employer to know what I had had done. Hope this helps.

I haven't told work why I was off, you don't have to say exactly why. They know I was having a minor stomach op, they didn't ask what it was, and I never said. My GP, knew what I was doing, she supported my completly. I'd been to her with weight related issues in the past, however I didn't meet the criteria for NHS help, but she knew the operation would be benificial to my health. I signed myself off for the first week, I wasn't quite ready to go back after that, so spoke to my GP, who was happy to write my a note for another few days, saying I was 'Post Op' and still unfit for work. No other details given. I am very happy with this, as at the end of the day my Health & Wellbeing at work will improve greatly, as well as anxiety issues I've suffered from in the past. This Op will save both the NHS & our employers money in the long run. Hope this helps.

Back