• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 days to go...

angelwings25

Likes Vanilla Lattes
Well...its that time already, can't quite believe it. Started my milk diet today, its horrible!!!! I'm so bloody hungry i knew it would be bad but i feel so **** excuse my language. My poor bf i do feel for him. I get so ratty when I don't eat when i'm not even on this sort of diet let alone having no choice in it. I've had a head ache alllllllll fricking day and been battling my way through work just to cope. I know its going to be worth it at the end of the week but does anyone have any coping strategies to suggest? I could just eat anything right now have made up so jelly but waiting for it to set. I have been away from home for 2 days prior to this so hadn't had a chance to make it up. Regretting that one now!! Oh well. So yeah any suggestions? xxxx thanks all xxxx

Stay focused hun, it's soooo worth it in the end;):D:D

Hi Angelwings,

The headache is withdrawal from carbs and if you have stopped caffeine it will cause it as well along with being dehydrated...

When you cut out eating food you need to drink more water to compensate as food contains a lot of water.

The side effects should pass within the next 24 hours if not before, if you take your normal pain killer for a headache it will help to break the cycle.

Hang in there, you will not find the time passing, you have almost today done already.

Treat yourself to a nice warm relaxing bath and go to bed early...to keep your mind off food you can do a motivation board...put on it photos as you are now, your body measurements... lists of things you want to do, new clothes, holidays etc. Your dreams and hopes!

Some find writing a letter to themselves therapeutic about where they hope to be in a year's time and then seal the envelope and open it this time next year.

Love Mini xxx

WATER!!! OF COURSE, i'm rubbish at drinking. Right water here I come!!! God i'm stupid sometimes ha ha ha ha ha!! Thank you girls xxxxx

And if the water don't cut it, nip up to your local tesco express and buy some ready made sugar free jelly... Works out dearer but as a tide you over option it will do. 49p a pot to my memory... Keep the faith xx

And if the water don't cut it, nip up to your local tesco express and buy some ready made sugar free jelly... Works out dearer but as a tide you over option it will do. 49p a pot to my memory... Keep the faith xx

i can never find "sugar free" ready made jelly, only the "no added sugar" is this the same? Tescos express, i wish i were that lucky. I got me a useless Waitrose next door that don;t know what day to day amenities means. I've got my bf poppin into Sainsburys on his way home to get me some flavoured water cuz plain sucks and some diet version of crusha i need flavour. Gonna go check on my jelly, I want it!!! lol. thanks for the support xxx

Hey Anglewings my that has come round fast hun, you could also try oxo cubes or bovril as an added favourite of mine:) Keep going tho hun ur doing great so far:)

Sharon

Hi Angel wings - Yes the milk-diet is both a cruel and unusual form of torture. HOWEVER, don't despair, day 3 for some reason is the point when it all sarts to get easier. Not sure why but I think the body just accepts that you are not going to feed it so it had better start using it's fat stores sharpish.

Very best of luck for the rest of your diet - it is so worth it and I'm sure you will get through it. Preferably without murdering anyone! x

Hi Angel wings - Yes the milk-diet is both a cruel and unusual form of torture. HOWEVER, don't despair, day 3 for some reason is the point when it all sarts to get easier. Not sure why but I think the body just accepts that you are not going to feed it so it had better start using it's fat stores sharpish.

Very best of luck for the rest of your diet - it is so worth it and I'm sure you will get through it. Preferably without murdering anyone! x

Just wanted to say you are so right about day 3. It is easier, alas I do still feel constantly hungry but living on liquid its kinda expected. I have lost 4lbs so far, i know its not about the weight but its a good feeling. I did have tiny bit of my bf's sausage last night but i don;t care it took the edge of my cravings and i was fine the rest of the evening. The bovril drink is really nice and something i think i might keep up with after surgery. Watch this space huh, but not feeling ratty just a bit tired and hungry. GOing to cook my bf a meal tonight bless him he isn't surviving very well without me but I feel strong enough to do it as i've passed the weekend. Thanks all for the support and advice, only 4 days to go! :D xxxx Laura xxxx

Sugar Free ice pops helped me loads, it gives you some consistency to bite into and that helped me, I still have them a month post op but now I suck them and it helps to keep my fluids up.
My personal favourites are High School Musical sugar free ones that are £1 for 20 from Asda as they are lovely flavoured. If there are no Asda's nearby then any sf ice pops are fine.
I adore milk and would have much preferred the milk diet, mine was sf jelly and oxo's...ick.
Good luck with your op xx
Steph xx

good luck for thursday x

Hope all went well

:) Hi Laura,
Hope you've had your op now & all is well
If you can let us know how you are that would be great

Back