• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 days to go...

emmakc

I can't believe that I have six days left until my GB. I had to go and buy a suit today as I have an interview on Tuesday. I was size 20 and really upset with myself for getting so big but then my husband, bless him, said I'd soon be buying smaller clothes and I felt really excited!

Its been nearly 10 years that I've been overweight and in all that time I've avoided going clothes shopping unless I really have to, what I do buy I get from supermarkets now. I can't wait to be able to go shopping properly, buy something and actually look nice rather than being ashamed at what I look like.

I wish I could go to sleep and wake up with it all over and done with.

Don't worry Emma it won't be long before you are buying size 12 suits I'm sure! The next 6 days you will feel lots of different emotions but stay strong and hold on to what your husband says. Fresh start coming and with fresh starts, things can get really good again :) x

Good luck Emma you will be fine and soon a new you your hubby will also be getting a new lady in his life how lucky is he lol

Good luck Emma x

Will be thinkn of ya luvva take care and fasten your seatbelt guna be bit bumpy ride, stay strong and lean on your hubby thats what i did but i was braver than him which is unusual.xx He did look after me very well though x

Thanks everyone, i'm getting very jittery now. I'm not sure if I want a bumpyride lol - would rather just wake up skinny and be able to eat what I want but stay skinny - sadly that's not what I'm signed up for!

Wishes: 1) survive, 2) pre-op diet has reduced liver enough, 3) cope ok after operation and not feel terrible for too long, 4) loose weight!

You'll do all those things Emma. The recovery isn't too bad. I was up and about by the end of week 1. Just take it easy and do as you're told and you'll be fine. Sounds like your husband is going to take good care of you. Mine was fab, better than I thought he'd be.

Kate x

Good luck Emma on your operation.. See you on the losers bench :)

Nicky xx

You really are on the home run now emma!! Soon you will be waking up and starting a whole new life... xxxx

Thanks everyone I'm getting really nervous now! Not helped by the fact that Max (my three year) started throwing up and pooping himself as soon as I got home from work this evening. I really hope my operation isn't cancelled because I've caught it!

Aww good luck. I'm also so scared about not being a Proper mum whilst recovering and don't want my kids to see me poorly as they never have!! Hope all goes well for you- I'm going for Pre assess today and will be given a date they said 2-6 weeks from today!

I'm the same we'd decided to keep kids away from hospital so as not to scare them and I'm supposed to be going to my mums for a week but she started being sick last night so I may go home tomorrow anyway. I feel loads better today and hopefully even better when wires are all out!

Back