• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 months in... 7 stone down and lots besides

top_kat

today is my 6th month anniversary of having my band. When I had my band I never really expected things to have gone as well as they have or certainly to have lost as much as I have, certainly not 7 stone! I've lost just over the weight o my 12 year old... oMG I've lost my son ;) lol

Back then I was in up to a plus size 34/36, my tops are now down to a 20/22 although I did try an 18/20 on today which fitted - I haven't been in an 18 since I was 18 and then only briefly and although I'm not there yet it's going well :)

I also had my review at the gym today and I've lost almost 40" all over including 8" from my waist and 8" from my hips....although my brain is still trying to catch up lol

I've had no restriction from my band until my fill a week ago, but currently unable to eat the chicken, prawns and ham that were the staple of my protein diet, so having to find alternatives for a while...but it is very strange finally feeling what the band will be able to help with. It's also a strange feeling not feeling hungry lol

it's been hard to imagine what restriction would or could feel like and I know it is going to take me a while to get used to it now that i'm starting to feel it cos even tho I've had my band I've been able to eat what and how much I want...

All the time I've had my band I haven't had time where I've not felt hungry lol and losses have come from a great deal of strict control over my eating... But now since my most recent fill I can eat a meal and feel fuller for a good couple of hours - I finally can feel my band at work...

I now have 9ml in my 14ml band and had started to feel concerned that I wasn't feeling any restriction, so it's a relief to finally be getting there, I'm going to sit with this amount for a good few weeks although they said to book for 3 weeks time if I felt I needed too, but I am going to take it easy and slowly like I have been doing with my fills.

My band has changed my life dramatically but more so how and what I think about food and eating, it has changed my whole way of thinking. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week, I swim 2-3 times a week and even tho I have still got a long way to go (I'm just about to head into the 16's) I've also started on my couch 2 5k this week and running is something I just could never have imagined I would be doing...

There were a lot of things which finally pushed me to my surgery, but those things are also the things that are my motivation every day....

I LOVE my band. I LOVE the changes it's helped me make although now I'm hoping for a little helping hand from My band "Anna" and the restriction that is finally starting to kick in.

Here's to the 6 months.... Here's to a whole new life for the rest of it :D :D

Well done you, what a fantastic achievement!

Good for you Kat,that's fantastic,,you have given a helping hand with good advice to many of us me included,,you are an inspiration, good luck with your goals,,,you will sure get there,,,,,,,,,well done girl xxxxxxxrubyred15

Well done Kat :) Your determination seems to be the key to successful banding - from where I sit you, Jo and Flutterby all have that same amazing drive. I am very much in awe of how well you have done, knowing full well that the bypass is easier than the band to lose well with. Hats off to you, and a massive well done.

Well done topkat ... Focus and determination together with the realisation that our attitudes and approach to this journey are what will make us winners (losers) ultimately is key. The band is there as a tool to help us achieve, but not the be all and end all. Carry on inspiring and helping xxx

thanks everyone for your words and posts, you're right Michelle it is a tool although it does feel so different now I have restriction lol

Having had the band for 6 months and not really knowing it was there, it is strange now really having to think about what and how I eat. But goodness how on earth do. Get even close to 1000 cals let alone my optimum of weight loss at 1100 cals I don't know lol

Need some recent pics done now...

kat! this post literally had me smiling from ear to ear, you have helped me so much and to be honest, i dont know if i would have ever plucked up the courage to have the band myself if i had not had you to talk to! you totally deserve it and you have done so, so well. just imagine how great it will be when you step into the sea in turkey a new lady! :D xxx

also, just saw your weight loss ticker, more than half way there!! WOOWOOO! XX

huge well done hunni, keep up the good work

Back