• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't eat in the mornings

Gnomes

Hello all

After waiting over 2 years, I now finally have restriction!! yay.

6.75ml in a 10 ml band.
The issue I now have, is a can't eat until 11 - 12 at the earliest, I feel hungry and light headed, but nothing will go down, I even have to be careful about drinking (lots of pain and burping)

Has anyone got any ideas?

Also I'm eating a lot less and getting full very quickly, but it's not filling me up for longer than 3 hrs especially in the evenings when my band 'opens' and I can eat.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Obviously you are best to contact your provider as they can help.

But in the meantime if it was me I would go onto liquids for a few days and then mushies and then solids as you would after a fill. I suspect you may be a bit sore or inflamed. If it was me I would also start by drinking only warm, clear liquids in the morning. If I try to eat before I have had a drink in the morning it will be tight. Its like I need to lubricate area!

Once I got into a vicious cycle of everything feeling really tight as I had got a raspberry badly stuck and become inflamed.....I solved it with 3 days of liquids, 3 mushies, and then soft, then solid.

Best of luck

I can't eat in the mornings either, I just have a Complan shake, which I LOVE.

Not that I'm advocating anyone else do the same, but it works for me. Gives me some vits, protein and nourishment and keeps me going til lunch.

I have a hot cup of tea first though :D.

I read on here somewhere that someone drinks a pint of water and a cup of coffee in the mornings cause they can't eat. I have started doing that every morning before work, I find it hard to drink the fluid I need in a day now that I can't drink and eat at the same time. It's working for me.

:)

Yep a hot milky drink for me every morning. Then breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, milky drink ... Plenty of protein first and foremost. I swear by my milk frother as it makes the milky drinks really filling. Most banders are tighter in the mornings but gnomes take care and if you are a tad too restricted why not get a teeny weeny bit removed? Chat with your dietician :) xx

Back