• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 months on, are you still a loser?

Yes, I am still losing the occasional pound maybe once or twice a month and I am now nearly 16 months post-op! I lost several stone after my 6 month mark and think that is the case for some, others perhaps with less to lose or other health issues might find they stop losing but most doctors will say you lose for up to two years post-op.

Perhaps you are experiencing a long plateau? They can be disheartening but do happen, changing up your eating and some exercise might help.

Hope that helps, M started a great thread about weight loss stalls, have a read:
http://www.wlsurgery.com/six-months-post-op/125297-weight-loss-stalls.html

Nic:D

At 6 months post-op i had lost 6 stone 10lb now im 9 months post-op and have lost 9 stone so between 6-9months ive lost 2 stone 4lb(including a 4wk stall in december) so even though it has slowed down im still losing on average 2lb a week.

At 6 months post-op i had lost 6 stone 10lb now im 9 months post-op and have lost 9 stone so between 6-9months ive lost 2 stone 4lb(including a 4wk stall in december) so even though it has slowed down im still losing on average 2lb a week.

I agree. Good to know it's possible to keep losing after the 6 month mark. Thanks xx

I'm just over 7 months post op, and am losing about 2lbs a week now.However if I wasn't swimming 3 times a week, I think it'd be less:eek:

Even with my stalls I have continued losing after 6 months I was at 86lbs off at 6 months and have lost a further 2 stone since then (10 months now) but have had some major stalls in that time. I'm hoping to continue to lose a bit more if I can

M

I've lost 11st 13lbs so far, I'm just over 7 months post op.

I had my first stall about 6 weeks ago. Nothing lost for 3 weeks although my body was changing. So I upped the exercise, changed the eating then for 3 weeks I lost 3lbs, 6lbs and 3lbs, so nearly a stone in the last 3 weeks! Still some work to do but still losing!

Last edited:
I'm 19months post op and lost 4lb last week! I have to work very hard to not lose weight, and eat a high fat high calorie diet just to maintain!

Back