• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How are you getting on?

Sambucca

its been a little quiet in the 6 month area recently, so i just thought I'd say hello:wavey: and ask how everyone is getting on?

How far out are you? How much have you lost? Are you still losing? Are you still managing to follow the rules? Anything else you want to share?!

I'll start... Im 8 months out now, and have lost 94lb so far. its less than the average, but Im over the moon with what I have lost so far.

I'm still losing at approximately 7lb a month, but I have good and bad weeks... generally a couple of weeks decent loss followed by a stall of 2 - 3 weeks. Ive got used to this now though and dont beat myself up about it.

I manage to stick to the rules most of the time - about 95%, but I do have a treat, a little chocolate or glass of wine if I want one. I'm not a saint.

My bypass is the best thing I have ever done for myself. Its been bloody hard, but I dont regret it for a single second.

I'm doing brilliant, I'm still a saint when it comes to the 'Evils' (No chocolate, booze, bread etc) I've lost 204lb and still losing quite good :) 6lb last week. Sometimes stall for a week or 2 but the have another burst!

If it wasn't for my moobs I'd be ecstatic. No regrets what-so-ever.

Great idea for a thread Sam :)
Well , I am just over half way down a looong bander road!
Trying to think more about normalising food so as of today I stopped calorie counting and am going to try to eat more like a naturally slim person.
Above all that means for me, not obsessing about food, making good light healthy choices 80/90% of the time and having treats and enjoying them without guilt.
I am also making sure I do an hours good exercise daily and just trying to ease myself into having that normal natural relationship with food.
I feel more normal looking , even though I'm nowhere near slim , I also don't feel ridiculously big.
Just plodding on to lose the next 100lbs !

Ive found the perfect exercise for you to reduce your moobs mixxy... It goes a little something like this!:banana dancer:

Neen you have done brilliantly, and I think you have the right attitude. I think sticking to the rules most of the time, but not battering ourselves when we deviate occasionally is the key to long term success.

I would love to have Mixxy's willpower, but I aint!

:D You show me how it goes first :D

PMSL

I have shown you. Trouble is Ive given myself a couple of black eyes in the process and have had to sit down... now its your turn!

I am also 8 months out (today!), and have lost 104lb so far.

Like you, less than average, but I am chuffed :)

Rx

Hi everyone, in 2 wks time i'll be 1year post-op, i'm hoping to lose 5lb by May 13th then i will have lost 10 stone in a year! I've gone from 22 stone 3lb to 12stone 8lb. Clothes size has gone from a 26/28 to a size 14 i can even get into some size 12 jeans which i havent done since i was about 20! I can honestly say that apart from the first few weeks during and after the bypass i have found my weightloss journey totally fine, i dont calorie count and eat to full restriction most of the time. The one thing i have tried to do is not to snack inbetween meals and i seem to have got out of the habit of grazing! I also have the occasional treat and the odd takeaway(even though i dont enjoy them like i used to which can only be a good thing)! I think the key to my success is that i dont feel like im on a diet, it just feels like i now eat like a normal person, i know when to stop, i can now have 1 biscuit instead of a packet, i can now have 8 chips instead of a large portion with 2 saveloys and i can now have a chicken tikka starter instead of a chicken massala, rice, bombay potatoe, nann bread and my partners left overs! My bypass has given me my life back, i just wish that i could give everyone who is as unhappy as i was with my weight theirs back to.

Brilliant post Lisa, and you have summed up perfectly exactly how I feel about my bypass. Its wonderful not to be on a diet.

Well done on your weight loss and I'll keep my fingers crossed that the 5lb comes off for your oppiversary x

Great thread Sam

I'm one year out, 9+ stone down and doing fine. Not totally relaxed with it even now but getting there. Wine and a treat are definitely on my list now occasionally. Glad I had it done and would do it again, albeit slightly differently but don't know what should be diffferent until you've done it.

M

Great thread Sam. Well i'm doing fine nearly 8 months on i've lost 7.5 stone not sure where that figures on the average scale but i'm delighted. I've gone from a size 24 to a size 14 and have dropped from bra size 42GG to a 34GG which is great as i'm def not weighed down anymore!! I follow the rules most of the time but always promised myself that although i would never ever go back to old habits i would still enjoy life and allow myself some treat foods along the way! The biggest difference is i have these treats in controlled portions and don't gorge the way i did pre op! It took me a while but i am totally confident in what i eat and how i manage my bypass which i think is a big part of feeling good. I can't imagine ever regretting my surgery but i do need to get on the exercise trail as i'm very guilty of not doing very much xx

Back