• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 months post op, have come through a long way

Maura

hi guys, sorry havent been posting much lately. after 6 months of my op i am 1lb off 3 stone weight loss. i am very pleased with my loss however i am actually losing little or nothing in the past 2 months.. i have decided to join weight watchers to get my loss going again. i have had two fills and think i will get another one in a couple of weeks.. christmas is round the corner and wod be nice to lose another stone for then. i am happy fitting into size 16 and my confidence is coming back.. i feel more acceptable in society as i am not obese looking. (thats my personal opinion).
so how are you all getting on? any tips on losing?:eek:

hi maura, glad to hear ur keeping well. Cant believe its 6months already since ur op!! seems like a month or so ago. Its tough when u reach a plateau.. I have had a few of these along the way lasting about 5 or 6 wks each. The important thing is to keep eating what ur meant to be eating - its so easy to fall back in line with how we would have dealt with plateaus before with just normal dieting, ie say feck it & start eating again. The other thing that has really helped me & I think has been the key to me losing weight has been the gym. If I dont go I dont lose weight.

I must apologise - I never got around to arranging a date for us N.Irelanders to meet up. Life has been a bit difficult here but there is light at the end of the tunnel for me - moving into my own house at end of Jan hopefully, so once I get settled we will def have to arrange to meet.

My team in Birmingham sent me a wee slip of paper with details of a support group that takes place each month in Days hotel, belfast. Think its the 1st saturday of the month from 2-4 but will have to double check that

wow tink u are doing fab... what a journey we have travelled. good luck on ur house move and keep in touch xx

Thanks Maura - its def a journey worth travelling. Life will never be the same for us again - I never want to go back to being so grossly overweight. I like the new fitter, happier, confident me - its like u said in ur initial post - u feel like u fit in cos ur not so obese anymore -that feels wonderful. Keep doing what ur doing. Look after urself xx

Back