• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much have you lost 6 month post op

CaniSani

I am getting my gastric band in November, I just want to know how much all have you lost within the first 6 months, I am very anxious as I'd like to lose 5-6 stone within my first 6 months

I've lost about 10 lbs so far - and most of that has been in the last 2 weeks. I think it all depends though, some ppl have lost much more. It has taken me till this point to get restriction and you are advised not to expect much weight loss until you are at the point of restriction.... the sleeve or bypass give far more weightloss in the first 6 months.

I lost 5 1/2 stones in 6 months but never waited for restriction to kick in. I ensured I ate lots of protein and counted calories. Don't compare, as everyone is different, but it can definitely be potentially achieved with work and the help of the tool :D

Yeah, I could have lost a lot more if I'd got my butt into gear and not allowed myself to "wait" for restriction. There are lots of people in this site that have lost far more than me in the first 6 months. Go for it and good luck! :)

3anf half stone in 4 months and I wasn't that overweight only have 5 stone to loose.

Bands fine - you will be fine . Just do as the tiles say and walk / excercise a little more xx

I had my band almost 6 months ago (6th feb) including my pre op diet i've lost 4lb short of 6 stone and like butterfly that's without restriction .......... in fact my band is still empty lol i've been sticking to the rules, counting my cals and moving more :) if you put your mind to it and follow the rules it can be done x x x x gl

Back