• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 years post op 6 month old baby and not losing weight help

charley1987

I have lost 6 stone but till have another 4 and a half to go I've put on 7 pound in 6 months that's not good I really need to start losing again I am also breast feeding xx thank u xx

First of all I will move your thread into the bypass section, then hopefully you will get some help there x

charley1987 said:
I have lost 6 stone but till have another 4 and a half to go I've put on 7 pound in 6 months that's not good I really need to start losing again I am also breast feeding xx thank u xx

It's hard as you need to eat a certain amount to keep up with breast feeding. Are you slightly cutting carbs? I suspect you need then to a certain degree while nursing.

Sorry I can't be of much help. Good luck :)

I have lost 6 stone but till have another 4 and a half to go ...

According to your stats on the left hand side you are 5' 10" and currently weigh 203 lbs (14 stone 7 lbs).

Are you really suggesting your GOAL weight is 10 stone ....? At a height of 5' 10" that would *almost* be underweight (certainly the very low side of normal with a BMI of 20 or less).

I think you are being too hard on yourself -- especially given that you have been thru pregnancy and given birth to a healthy baby and managed breast feeding within 24 months of a bypass !!!

Perhaps a more realistic target, at least for the next year, would be to gradually lose another 30 lbs ....... and aim for a BMI of 25, which I believe would be around 173 lbs (12 stone 5 lbs) for you at your height of 5' 10".

Once your BMI is below 30 (which it currently is) the going gets quite tough to get down to BMI of 25 (and even tougher if you want to push yourself to some incredibly stringent, possibly unachievable "thin" goal in the BMI 18 - 20 range).

Back