• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 week check up :-)

nichola24

I went for my 6 week check up today (even tho im only 5 weeks post op). Dietician was really pleased with me :) she was suprised how im not having any problems eating anything, must be my iron stomach haha.

she weighed me and told me id lost 11kg (2 stone) since my op and that id lost 24% of my excess body weight! really chuffed :)

she was that impressed shes asked me to go along to a support meeting to talk to other people having the same op, tell them about my experience and stuff. i said i would let her know as it made me feel quite scared lol.

next in i saw the surgeon and he too was pleased with how i was progressing. he looked at my wounds and was happy that they were healing well and gave me the go ahead to use bio oil on them.

i can now go swimming!!!! :) and start the gym, use small weights and build up.....soooo excited, shall be ringin bannatynes shortly to get my membership :)

got to go bk in 3 months time, hopefully i will have lost another 20% by then!

few questions i asked....

chewing gum.....can chew it but if you accidentally swallow it you could be in trouble!

sugar free mints and boiled sweets are fine

cals per day were fine (mine were between 700-1000)

sugar and fat per day were fine (around 30 each)

protein she said nothing about even tho i fort it was low ( mine is about 30-50 a day)

as long as you eat 3 meals a day it doesnt matter when you eat them, alltho if you leave it too long you can produce a lot of saliva and you can feel nausea when you next eat.

and aslo with my age the surgeon said i might be lucky with the whole excess sking thing :) he also said if you hold most of your weight in one area you will prob get a lot of excess skin in that area rather than having small bits all over x

just fort i would post this as some people might find it intresting xx

nichola xx

aww thank you gdlondon :) good luck on your journey!

Great post Hun ty ;) n well dun on ur weight loss ur doin fab xx

wdon7.jpg

I was wondering how you got on :) Glad to hear it all went well and that they weren't too worried about what you were eating etc, gives me hope for my appointment with them on on 1st Feb! :) You're doing really well hun, keep us updated and let us know how you get on at the gym. I've been a bit naughty and went swimming the other night, didn't exactly over exert myself but I felt so much better for actually doing something other than sitting on the sofa or pootling around the house!!

H xx

ahhh thats great nichola :) so glad you're doing well, good luck with the gym :) xxx

Hi montana
I was looking at your stats, youve lost 47lb, have you lost that since the op cos thats a massive amount to have lost in 20 days! If you have what are you eating, i want some of that.
Kim

Good god no, I wish!! I've lost about 11lbs since the op, the rest is from my first appointment with the surgeon where I had to lose so much before they would put me on the waiting list plus anything I lost on the pre-op diet :)

H xx

well done so far enjoyed reading your post will keep an eye for more updates on your success

well done Nicola..you have done so well.
the protein thing: today i rung my surgeon as i have been a bit poorly and when i said i cant eat today and worried i cant get enough potein in.... he said... its not all about the protein. so i guess we are doing right xx
well done xx

thanks everyone :)

ive booked a taster session in the pool tomoz, cant wait, its a heated pool too, get me haha!

im used to swimmin in large cold pools so wanted to try it out before i signed up for 12 months, then hopefully next week ill be off to the gym as well as starting bk work, im goin to be shattered!

ooo i forgot to mention in my first post about how much fluids you need to drink. i said ive been gettin in about 1 lt a day. she said tht ive got away with it so far but i need to up it to 2 lts as futher down the line i could end up with complications if i dont drink enough, also just for anyone with bowel probs, if you dont drink enough you will more than likely have toilet probs xx so my mission is to up my fluids to 1.5lts then up to 2 which is goin to be really hard :-(

I'm forcing about 1.5litres down at the moment and that's hard, god knows how people get 2 litres in!! Thanks for the info though, will try and up it myself!!

H xx

i eat pretty much anything thts good for you. today for example...

breakfast was 100g melon and grapes with a munch bunch yog

lunch was half a toasted bagel with a thin smearing of peanut butter (the whole earth crunchy no added sugar one) with half a sliced banana...good when youve been
exercising!

dinner was a 1/2 katsu chicken curry with jasmine rice from morrisons about 190g, its a new one i think, was low in fat and sugar and tasted like a propper curry was really nice :)

exercise includes, 45 mins walking the dog, then 30 mins on wii fit doing yoga and muscle exercises then supa hoola, stepping game and then finished off with a pathetic jog lol, im truely shattered after all that so then its peanut butter time :) will be starting swimming up too as well, then work my way up to gym.

* i just eat when i remeber, with the exercise i dont start eating till late as, even before my op, it made me feel queasy to exercise if id eaten something so my 3 meals are whenever i fit them in lol. the dietician said this was fine as long as i had the 3 meals, wasnt snacking and didnt leave it too long, like over 20 hours or so x

hope this helps x

montana i keep forgetting to drink, even tho the bottle is right next to me! sometimes i just dont feel thirsty either and my mum only eva offers me a cuppa when im in middle of eating something lol!

hmm does swimming pool water count lol??? i might end up swallowing bit of tht tomoz :-(

Back