• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Check up at SRH today by Chrisa

chrisa

Hi all went for my check up today had alist of things i wanted to ask. Saw dietician first she assures me i am doing very well and yes my weight will slow down quite a bit now, but she thinks i am eating very sensibly, I asked her about my dizzy, sweating, and diorientation bouts, she thinks i shoul have more carbs, 3-4 a day stead of 2-3, the other foods are fine, she was happy with me. I can stop my lansoprozole now, can't have vitamins on a script have to keep buying them, She told me that this business with water loading and 5 day testing lark is no good in her opinion, she is happy that if i have head hunger and i really want something that i can have a tiny peice of it. The doc said I have gone from BMI OF 53 to 36 so that is realy good i am happy with that. Told her bout the pain in my butt not interested at all said probably just go away. Had my full blood taken she said she needed a bucket load from me. So gave it freely as long as she could find my vein, she did thankfully 1st time.
I have to go bak in 6 months time. While i was there i started with bit tummy pain thought it was jus way was sitting but oh dear has been painful lower stomch felt like something stuck think might have been a strawberry from lunch, couple were bit tough. I had my tea didnt eat it all but pain did get bit worse and i ahve taken my buscopan tablets I have just had a cuppa and whatever it was has moved, pain free at last. hoorahhhh. xx;):D:D:D:D

Well done Chrisa, Darlin :):) it's nice to hear all is well from the ones who really do know, isn't it :) keep doin wot you are doin xxx :D

Glad everything went ok:) x

Well done - you're doing gr8! Keep up the good work x

Glad to hear you're doing well :party0011:
Em xxxx

Well done you :)

Great news my appointment is next month x

Well done sweetie xx

Glad it all went well, although they do seem to leave it a long time before first appointment post op, wonder if this is sheer numbers of people to see or whether they consider this the best way to go. I was interested in her response to water loading, I know that you were disappointed with your first attempt at this, did you try again or not? I've been rubbish with my liquid intake this week, have experienced head hunger and am sure this is the reason for it. I'm only 11 weeks out and have had my first sts, I'm blaming this on the lack of fluids as well, even had some mini binges, on healthy food though, but afraid of the future.

Chris, when are they gonna see you again? I had a 1lb gain last week :( but am hoping for a loss this week as clothes feel looser.

Maybe she has never heard of water loading. A lot of dieticians don't seem to have a broad knowledge where research is concerned. But then avian our pouches are so individual. Some things work for some and not others :)

Glad your appointment went well :)

Glad it all went well, although they do seem to leave it a long time before first appointment post op, wonder if this is sheer numbers of people to see or whether they consider this the best way to go. I was interested in her response to water loading, I know that you were disappointed with your first attempt at this, did you try again or not? I've been rubbish with my liquid intake this week, have experienced head hunger and am sure this is the reason for it. I'm only 11 weeks out and have had my first sts, I'm blaming this on the lack of fluids as well, even had some mini binges, on healthy food though, but afraid of the future.
Was 9 months because i had 1 for 3months after but it was 15th dec n it was my xmas party and i live a fair way from the hospital would never have got back intime to get ready then picked up gain so cancelled then they said Feb we were in the IOW FOR MAM AND DADS Golden wedding wi th the family. I have tried the water loading again but the dietician says just bit like fad dieting don't go there so that suits me. Yeah keep up your fluids, or you'll know bout it. xx:)

Maybe she has never heard of water loading. A lot of dieticians don't seem to have a broad knowledge where research is concerned. But then avian our pouches are so individual. Some things work for some and not others :)

Glad your appointment went well :)

She thinks its not good idea to do that think its cos its american idea not proved n tested but dont quote me on that. xx:)

Hi how have you found the general care at Sunderland?

The care throughout my hospital stay was excellent no problems at all, the appointments are a pain but there are al ot of people waiting to be seen so no ones fault really just annoying. xx always informative though and have time to answer questions you want to ask. I always take a little list xx

Back