• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 Week check

mandym1

I had my 6 week check today and all went really well. I have lost 2 stone since my surgery and feel fantastic! My surgeon is really pleased with my progress.

I have had trouble with vomiting last week and went back to sloppy foods to give my pouch a rest. Dr wants me back on solids though as he wants to make sure my insides arent forming too much scar tissue. If I am still having problems I should get in touch and they will do an endoscopy. I think maybe I was eating to fast though but will try solids again now.

Good news he said I should be ok to try a small amount of pasta and he asked if I had tried any alcohol. I havent but did ask if I could when I went on holiday in a few weeks and his words were "No reason why not but you will get pissed" ha ha ha. I dont really feel like drinking but its nice to have the option and I know to be very careful.

I have to say this... Please can this thread NOT turn into a row about alcohol as quite often happens on here. People who want to drink should be able to without being judged. Yes its empty calories, yes its not a healthy choice blaa blaa but we are all grown ups and are capable of making our own choices, especially when backed by our team/surgeons.

Its been a great day and I feel great, looking forward to my holiday sooo much although a bit gutted that the shops already have winter clothes in and I havent got any summer clothes that fit!

Hiya hun, glad it went well, and hope you manage solids bit better this week xx

Hi Mandy just take it easy with the solids it does get better!Enjoy a drink on holiday!Maz x

6 weeks and 2 stone is fab you must be so pleased. I have only done 8lbs in two weeks I had hoped for more from todays weigh in, but hey it is better than pre op and putting on the lbs.

You surgeon sounds great, mine is a man of few words!! Did he actually say pissed?!! Hope your eating improves for you. xx

[/QUOTE]You surgeon sounds great, mine is a man of few words!! Did he actually say pissed?!! Hope your eating improves for you. xx[/QUOTE]

He did I couldnt stop laughing!

Hi mandym,

Great News!!!!

I am also 6wks post tomorrow but I have not yet had my reveiw or official weigh in. at present I have lost about 2.2st since my op but weight loss is almost nil at present.

I'm not worried about it because, as it comes off slowly my skin may shrink back to normal (fingers crossed) :D

Take care x

Back