• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 week check up :-)

well done nichola your doing really well, i got my 6 week check up appointment letter through... its 22nd august next year! pah never mind eh! i'm struggling with calories for some reason i feel guilty if i eat more than 600 kcals but dont worry about eating a packet of space raiders or a blue riband grrrr [seemingly i'm not a dumper :-(], although i generally do ok with fluids anyway i'll stop hijacking your post! but seriously well done you!

will be starting swimming up too as well, then work my way up to gym.

Shame you don't live closer to notts, we could've buddied up at the pool/gym for moral support!!

H xx

hey rachel, bit longer than 6 weeks if its next year lol! how have you been getting on??

calorie wise, the way i think about it....dont feel guilty you do need a certain amount to keep yourself healthy, to stop your hair falling out and to give you energy ect. and if you put it in perspective your only eating a fraction of the calories you ate before lol! i think this girl is dieting and aiming to eat 1800 cals a day so 600 really is nothing, dont beat yourself up x as long as the weight is comming off and you feel happy thats all that matters x

montana i live on border of notts and yorks so it takes forever to get to nottingham :-( would have been good to have a gym buddy, time passes more quickly when you have a good gossip lol, espec about the fitties in the gym ;-). hope theres plenty in this new one, i just need to find myself a nice guy now.

how are you doing, are you on solids yet? been experimenting with diff foods?

nichola xx

i just read your post.....i am from new ollerton as well !!!!...i had my bypass two weeks ago, hope everything is going well, my surgery was at derby on the 29th of december with mr ahmed. goodluck with everything..keep me posted as its nice to know that someone in the same village is going through the same experience !..we should comare notes . x

montana i live on border of notts and yorks so it takes forever to get to nottingham :-( would have been good to have a gym buddy, time passes more quickly when you have a good gossip lol, espec about the fitties in the gym ;-). hope theres plenty in this new one, i just need to find myself a nice guy now.

how are you doing, are you on solids yet? been experimenting with diff foods?

nichola xx

aww shame, I'm thinking of going along to the derby support group at the end of the month so if you're there I may see you at some point :) you too debbie!

I'm on soft food now, i found i was REALLY struggling with my protein levels being vegetarian so I've introduced fish into my diet, not good from a moral standpoint but i need to consider my health more at the moment! still won't eat meat though!

I tried some salmon mashed up with parsley sauce the other night and after 2 tsps i was in AGONY! So i left it and made some cheesy beans instead!! I'm guessing i didnt quite chew it enough so i'll try it again later :) I'm looking forward to getting back to 'proper' food though!

H xx

i just started on pureed foods yesterday !..i blended up some cooked pasta and cheese, then added abit of boiled water to smooth it down, but in my haste, i pinched a piece of unblended pasta....BIGGGG MISTAKE!!!!. it got stuck in my throat !!!!...i had to make myself sick !(sorry for being so graphic )..but i have learned from it, and i wont be making that mistake again.

Nicola how did they workout you daily fat and sugar contect etc, did you take a food diary?

Thanks Nichola i really enjoyed reading this and you are doing so well, i was only wondering about the sugar free mints etc today because i worry about my breath :)

hey debbie x hows it all going for you?? i think its amazing just how many ppl are having this op these days, makes me feel less alienated and as tho ppl are more accepting of it :)

i made tht pasta with cheese and veg sauce.....was horrible lol, i had one portion and decided to stick to my cheesey mash, i too pinched a piece a pasta but i took the tiniest of nibbles thank god!

montana when is the support group, from memory i think its in the evening sometime, not sure but it is quite a way to go just for a meeting :-( i could always incorparate a shopping trip hehe. salmon and mash with parsely sauce was one of the first pureed things i had and i loved it, felt like i was finally eating proper food, maybe you didnt mash it all up enuff? i ended up stickin hand blender on it for a few seconds so it was all mushy x

hey rayne xx they didnt work out my fats and sugars, i just took in a food and exercise diary, and she never commented on there being a prob so i guessed they must have been fine. for fat and sugar i think its about half the recc daily amount for a normal healthy adult so i know its not tht bad x

thanks angie :) ooo regarding breath as i had same problem the dietician reccomends drinking watered down pineapple juice as it helps to clean and freshen the mouth, has to be juice not juice drink tho, so im on the hunt for tht atm and will let you no if it works :)

Thanks Nichola but i'm allergic to pineapple , it makes my mouth swell up inside :( and i had some melon cubes one day last week and it did it too so i waited and tried again last night and it did same , i used to love melon but that's another thing off the menu x i will get some mints though for when i am back at work :)

pineapple is a strange fruit, im a bit wary of eating fresh pineapple, it makes my mouth and tongue tingle for ages :-(

hopefully you will find something nice that agrees with you lol xx

Back