• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 week post op and very emotional

sarahdia28

I'll be 6 weeks post op weds and for past three week iv only lost 5lb in total (25lb since op) and its really getting me down iv keep crying and really upset I have a little voice in my head telling me to eat less so will lose weight. I feel like im failing. We just been away and hated not been able to have normal stuff I would of had (that got me to this size)

Aww hon, 25lbs is still good that's nearly 2 stone! If you look at Caraline and me we both had a period of where it slowed down. Apparently that is common its when your body is getting used to the less food and basically having a paddy. Stick to your hospital diet sheet.. Make sure you are getting in the water. I found I did not lose much weight if my water intake slipped. Once I upped it back to the 2 litres it started shifting again too. We all get mardy as we can not go back to the bad habits that got us in this mess. Its hard and our brains have to catch up to the new tummy. I think week 6 was the toughest post op so far but it does get easier. I promise you.. You will see my rants on my diary lol. Food envy is common, even food you don't actually like.. Just because you can not have it! Think of a reward to aim for. Whether its put a £1 in a jar for every pound you lose or pick out a holiday for next year to save towards or even a treat something you really really want to do but wouldn't do because of size limitations. Then set up a tracker and every 1lb lost you are nearer to your reward. You can give yourself mini rewards just like getting through the week and not biting hubbys head off ;)

Huge hugs. Chin up 25lbs off is awesome :D up your water and maybe do some gentle exercise even if its just moving about your home and it will start to shift again soon.
take care

Kate xxxx

Thank you it's good to know its not just me. My poor other half has had to live with me in this mood and ripping his head off all time for no reason. I'm getting married next December so got a very good goal just a long time off. Gunna sign up for gym and swim card this week as was told not to exercise till 6 week. Tried swimming while away and hurt after in my cuts. I struggled with drinks bit past few days iv got better at getting down what I need.

Your body needs to adjust to the reduction in food intake. The body in a way thinks its being starved so you will see a period of time when your weight loss will be less than you had hoped for. This is the reaction of the body trying to defend itself and will pass. Stay optimistic it WILL get better and you will start to see results again soon!!

Hi I hardly lost anything the first few weeks and now I can't believe how much I have lost.
I started over 20 stone 6 when referred, day of op 22 feb 2013 and I weighed 18.5 after the liver reducing diet. And I am now 13 stone 13.
It will shift and when you can see the results, this will lift your mood.
It won't be long!

Back