• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 weeks post op....

fizzwoods

NEED TO LOSE!
Its been 6 weeks today since I had my bypass, can't believe it really, were has all the time gone???

Well after my stall last week, I have lost 3lb, I did expect a little more with not losing last week, but 3lb is still good.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips to boost my diet?? I am tending to eat protein such as chicken or soft meat ie: mince, braised steak and veg with a small amount of potato. Sometimes I don't eat my potatoes.. I fancy changing some stuff and just wondered what worked for you all????

Wow that 6 wks has flown :) well dun on the weight loss Hun ur doin great xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well done, it sure does go quickly x

Well done, what about fish? My new eating plan includes lots of fish including scallops, smoked salmon, salmon, home made low fat fish pie, crab, prawns, crabsticks, dab and plaice. It's relatively easy to digest, low fat and has oils good for your skin elasticity! - any firmer fish (such as haddock) needs a sauce though to prevent that awful billiouness!!

I make savory type mince and and cook it in slow cooker and throw in all sorts of veg xx
Have you tried sweet potatoes, I'm liking them at the mo xx
Still cant do chicken? But like salmon and tuna with light mayo on melba toast or crispbakes.
Am 14 weeks now hun and seems like only yesterday I started this journey xx

Thanks folks.. I have introduced a little more fish as I hardly ate it before, I only like certain types though. Can't stand salmon.. I had prawns the other day and enjoyed them. I am fussy with tuna, tend to like white fish, cod, haddock, plaice, sole. I will go and get some...

Had a good day today, just had a small piece of low GI brown toast with few spoonfuls of beans and I feel normal!!! Having a normal meal!! lol xx

im 5 weeks post opp and i had a new thing today and it was lovely it was john west tuna with a twist its on specil at asda this week £1 i had the tuna with lemon and black peper one and had a little bit of salad with it it went down so nice and i really really enjoyed it think its gonna bethis weeks craze last week it was garlic philli on crackerbreads but im bored again now lol x

You're allowed salad! I'm jealous I was told crunchy different to crispy and not allowed salad until three month stage or it could cause problems x

Im not keen on fish but yesterday i had i tiny tin of tuna, mayo and a small tomato (about 2tbsp all together) and i was soo full :) Going to try other fish soon but can't do prawns yuck !!
Also having tiny amounts of cheese and love cheshire so creamy :)

You're allowed salad! I'm jealous I was told crunchy different to crispy and not allowed salad until three month stage or it could cause problems x

oh really i didnt even thinnk to ask to be honest i toke the skin off the cue and toms and thought i would be ok ive had it everyday think week for lunch maybe i should call the hospital and ask them if salad is ok as i say ive been fine on it but ill check anyway lol

Back