• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what to do?

daftmoo

I've had a stall this week after losing 2lb last week and 3lb the week before and its brought me down again, I'm on and off my scales every morning and its not changing (I weigh in every monday morning at Boots) thing is are a banana and a milky coffee enough for breakfast? Breakfast was always my down fall pre op and I dont want to get back into eating loads again. I'm not a great cereal eater and have to really fancy eggs. I just don't know what to eat anymore, then theres lunch time I'm fed up having to think about what to have most salad and a lot of fruit items don't settle well and some veggies give me probs. Dont know what to do any more

hi sue the one thing i can recommend is throw the scales away its not good weighing yourself everyday as if you dont see a change it makes you feel stressed about not losing anything and stress can hinder weight loss plus we can go up and down a pound or two a day just stick to weighing yourself in the boots one a week. as i've not had my op yet i cant really advise on the eating but what i read from other ppl info is it doesnt seem that you are eating enouugh protien hope this helps. tina xx

I totally agree about NOT weighing yourself every day....I know we all have our own little rituals etc but our bodies can fluctuate so much depending on TOTM, how much fluids you have drunk, going to the loo, exercise etc, that when you weigh yourself daily and you 'appear' to have not lost anything, or worst still, you seem to have put on a pound or two (which in reality you haven't, but is still followed by mild bouts of hysteria trying to work out where the weight has come from, or if you have sprouted another ar*e overnight....), all I think it ends up doing is making you feel totally demoralised, followed by questioning everything you are doing & it's just then, when we are feeling really low, that is when it is easy to self-sabotage.

I think you should weigh yourself on the same day every week, say after having a wee in the morning when you first get up...then you must really resist trying to keep jumping on them!!!! If you really can't stop, then ditch the scales & go to Boots once a week....at least that way you are getting a better reflection of how your weight loss is going.

I personally think one of the reasons of having WLS is to break the sort of dysfunctional relationship we have with food and that includes obsessive weighing....it doesn't make you lose weight any faster!!!!

A quick question...do you/have you measured yourself, as I have found that is quite a nice way to every so often keep track of how you are doing....even when you may not be losing the pounds, you are still dropping inches which is a lovely way of knowing you are still on track.

Finally, I think a banana and a milky coffee is absolutely fine for breakfast....it's more about literally breaking the fast that you were in overnight when asleep, and kick-starting your metabolism for the day, than it is necessarily about what you are eating (to a degree). What about home-made fruit smoothies, yogurts, half a slice of wholegrain toast with LF spread, a wholemeal crumpet or muffin etc?

As for lunch..it sounds like you may be eating the same foods alot, hence why the boredom & food apathy may be creeping in...try to have an afternoon where you can sit down and trawl through books/websites for recipes etc, and try to plan out meals you fancy trying, then make sure you have the ingredients in you need. You don't need to spend a fortune, I think it's more about getting organised...I find it helpful to do a batch of cooking at the weekend & freeze stuff, so the food is there already made. You could think about nice thick home-made soups, stews and casseroles for lunch now it's getting cold xxxxx

the last time i weighed myself was about 4 weeks ago . i have stopped weighing myself as i keep staling and it just gets me down . the scales became an obsession with me so i got rid of them. if my clothes get big i get a size down . im at the lowest weight i have been in 22 years and if i stay this way it wont worry me . i never wanted to be a size 10 so a size 20 is fine for me .. ok if i do get into a 14 one day then that would be great but if idont then oh well . i have spent tomany years being worried about how much i weigh. so now i dont worry about it . i eat what ever i want to . well the foods that dont make me dump that is...lol but even if im eating crap food like crisps or treats i still cant eat any where as much as i used to , so in time the weight will come off,, so my advice to you sue is dump the rotten scales and dont even go to boots to get weighed hun ..... the weight will come off over time , it took years to go on . so if it takes a while to come of so be it xxxx

Stalls are awful, don't I know it but the weight will shift again even if it takes 3 weeks or more. You just need to rideit out which is much easier said than done. If you're not a breakfast person fruit and milky coffee is better than nothing. You could try adding a yoghurt in too if you don't mind them. Have a think about your food and try soemthing different if you can but basically its a waiting game.

Good luck and I'm positive it will move soon

M

Hi Daftmoo... Stalls are all part of the joy of our weight loss joys :(

I would agree with whoever is above me, is it possible you could throw a yoghurt into your morning ritual? Also not sure if you work or not, but breakfast doesn't have to be at breakfast time! If you need to wait a couple of hours before you are ready to eat then it will be fine i'm sure....

The stall will go, don't worry xxxx

Julie, I'm between jobs at the mo :-( I was at the L&D this morning for my 2nd post op check and she was very pleased with me, she said I must have protein with every meal, and to swap my 1% milk for semi skimmed and if I dont lose on it to go back to the 1%. I'm having 2-3 all milk coffees aday and with the breakfast situation I can have my milky coffee and a banana but to add some ham or eggs to it. And I must drink more, 1 litre is not enough got to have 1.5 litres of fluid on top of my coffees. But she is pleased that I choose to drink rather then smack!!!

Back