• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 years later and I'm seeing the GP to refer me again tomorrow....

swangirl89

Hi guys,

I've just logged back onto the site after six years. I posted before about going to see my doctor to try and get referred for weight loss surgery, however, I didn't get very far as the doctor seemed to palm me off. Today I am six years older and 3.5 stone heavier than when I last posted. It feels like my twenties have been wasted. I've done Cambridge Weight Plan and Slimming World in the last few years with some success (2 stone off and more back on). Moral support would be appreciated as I am expecting another no and the prospect is so depressing as I'm so down at the moment.

kurstywursty

Think what you spend on food clothes cars etc. could you consider finance for your surgery. I did and I'm still paying mine and will be for the next two years - but eventually I figured I was worth It. good luck

chrisa

I think it depends on your GP amnd area you live in. I was 4 years post op yesterday and a lot has changed since then so lot6 more over 6 yrs. Go and try what do you have to lose? I was 45 when I had surgery so wisj I could have done it when I was younger. I am 50 this year and had stopped having periods before my op I was already about 8 yrs into menopause now I think is middle age spread.

Good luck with your journey, go armed with what you have done and whats happened facts and figures are good evidence of a person who is not doing this on a whim but someone who is in desparate need of medical help. x

los in it

Hello and welcome back
good luck when seeing your gp , like chrisa said go prepared and tell them the truth and take it from there.let us know how you get on

sundown

If you get a bad reception from that GP I'd get a second opinion from another GP. Take the NICE guidelines along with you because at the end of the day, if you fit those guidelines you can keep pushing and pushing for them to refer you.

A lot does depend on the region you're in of course but it could be down to an ignorant GP if your BMI qualifies you for WLS.

vain

Good luck and your journey and as people are saying you have nothing to lose just be persistent xxxx