• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

liquidgold

Hello everyone, I have been reading this forum for many months.

I have struggled for many year with my weight, just like so many of you. I have been on every diet and even convinced myself that as I couldn't move from 15 stone 3lb that it must be my ideal weight!!!!! I put more weight on was also diagnosed with underactive thyroid. A couple of years ago I asked my doctor to refer me to weight management as I was sure I wanted a gastric band. Her reply was to try the Cambridge Diet, so off I went at £45 a week and did the diet. After some very hard work and joining a gym I lost 3.5 stone. I got down to 14 stone and swore I would never put it back on........

Well here I am today 17.5 stone and booked in for a gastric band on 25th November. I havnt bothered trying to go through the doctor as I know I will be delaying time. I have been attending the support group at heartlands and met some lovely people.

I have been wanting to say hello for a long time but wanted to wait until nearer the surgery date.

Hello and welcome. Good luck for your band operation. There are loads of lovely and supportive people on here, who will help and support you on your journey :)

Hello an welcome liquidgold I'm one of many who has been in your shoes have been fighting with my weight for over 20 years. In july decided to take the bull by the horns an go for a gastric band went for a consultation with the hospital group and weighed in at 17st 7 decided to get my holiday out the way and my 41st birthday and booked my surgery for August 28th an from then have never looked back I'm now 38lb lighter an feel a hell of a lot better for it I have gone from a 22/24 to a 18 hoping to be a 16 by Christmas. So I would like to wish you good luck on your weight loss journey I'm sure you won't regret it :)

hi liquidgold same story as me really lost weight put back on plus more i decided to have gastric bypass op is on 21st nov so just a few days b4 u i wish u all the luck with ur weight loss an sugery keep posting x

welcome and good luck xx

Hello & welcome LiquidGold, all the very best for your journey.

Like you I too decided to take matters into my own hands and as such am off to CZ next month for a gastric sleeve.

Went for my bloods to be taken today and have decided to bring forward the op . I am now having it on 15th November . No messing now, strict pre op diet and all systems go.

Hi LiquidGold, good luck!!

I am booked in for my band on the 20th November xx

Where abouts are you having yours done? X

whoop whoop ....not long now x

Well good luck to you as well. They make you feel so calm there. No problem to change dates , answered all my questions. Dreading this Cambridge diet!!!!! St lest it will be for the last time. What diet have they told you to do ? X

I havnt been told to diet yet......my consultation is tomorrow in Manchester......yep, I booked my op before even having a consultation! Haha.

How long do you have to do the liquid pre-op diet for??

S x

I was told to do the Cambridge diet for 2 weeks, the surgeon knew I would have some left lol.

I was just reading some threads on here and I don't know if it's because I'm looking for it but there seems to be a lot of negativity .

I will probably have to star my pre op diet tomorrow then, will find out at my consultation tonight.

I agree, there does seem to be along of negativity & I am really worried about it tomorrow. THG seem to have negative reviews if you search in google too.

I know a couple of people that the band has worked for but I also know one person who it didn't work for at all. When I asked my co-ordinator about this she said that if you stick to what she tells you, you can't really go wrong.

I am so so excited but also worried about spending all of this cash & still being fat :(

S x

Back