• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6th day post op dizziness

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Is it normal to feel woozy/ lightheaded 6 days post bypass? I have been like it all morning. I'm not too concerned as I am aware my "intake" this week has been really low as expected by me and my team so am surmising that's the reason why but just want to be sure. Tomorrow I can up the thickness of soup and yoghurt and can have weetabix/ porridge yaayyyy . Trying hard to be more mobile today but I'm just too woozy :(

Is it normal to feel woozy/ lightheaded 6 days post bypass? I have been like it all morning. I'm not too concerned as I am aware my "intake" this week has been really low as expected by me and my team so am surmising that's the reason why but just want to be sure. Tomorrow I can up the thickness of soup and yoghurt and can have weetabix/ porridge yaayyyy . Trying hard to be more mobile today but I'm just too woozy :(

Yes it is. I had it for weeks in the early days. Try and increase your fluids a bit if you can. I found this helped me :)

Thanks so much Paula .. I feel like a washed out rag today. My servant ermm I mean hubby is off to make me a cuppa right now x

Thanks so much Paula .. I feel like a washed out rag today. My servant ermm I mean hubby is off to make me a cuppa right now x

It does get better. Your blood pressure could be a bit low too, as your body is still getting over the anaesthetic x

Are you drinking enough hon? You really need to have a cup of tea or a glass of water etc with you throughout the whole day. And if you're still pushing yourself to do bits and pieces you're likely to be forgetting.

Thanks Yve I got to admit I was worried about cramming in so much fluid all the time so had cut back a little but I have upped this again now to see if that helps... Still feel like a washed out rag but not as giddy. I think it just so easy to forget that my body has just gone through a major op. Going to go for a wee nap and see if I feel better for it xx

I felt the same an thought it was fluid/food but it actually turned out to be my blood pressure an the doctor took me off some tablets. Might be worth going for it checked xx

Will do Tezza thanks x

femfrankie. I'm so glad for you that your surgerys done now :) Hope the giddiness passes soon.

Yes Frankie. Thought I was going to keel over after no significant nutrition for two weeks. Also, it didn't help it was 30+degrees and as I felt so good post-op I think it is easy to over do it. Take it slowly, rest when you need and keep fluids up. You'll be fine. Moving onto purees is a big difference xx

Tmi warning

I really don't know what happened today so maybe someone can point out where I have gone wrong on what has been mostly an awful day:(

7am Cup of tea

9.30 Activa 0% yoghurt

10am cup of tea

11am Cup milky coffee

12.30pm Cup tea

1.30 NAS juice..... Starting to feel woozy/giddy
Decide to Up water level sipping constant now and feeling a little better by 2.30

3 pm Bovril ... Still feeling off but we decided to go see mum in law (shes 85)

4pm just thinking about heading for home and son phones for us to go over (needs his dads help with something :rolleyes:) Not wanting to miss an opportunity to go see my granddaughter I tag along even though I'm wilting and feeling iffy again.

4.20..We arrive shortly and I'm now feeling hot, clammy, shaky, and fuzzy but I hide it well but 10mins later my stomach starts to cramp and my pulse is all over the place & I feel sick. I make my excuses and go to the bathroom
TMI WARNING COMING UP...
I'm constipated but it is obviously wanting to move ..I want to be sick but there is no where to be sick. I am timing my cramps with the need to be sick swapping places from sitting to standing in order to match the urge. After twenty minutes of musical loos I manage to get it to move but by this time there are beads of sweat running down my face and I feel awful. I sit a little to recover, compose myself and head back down stairs trying to put on a brave face but I fail as another wave of cramps hit me and again I have to head up the stairs but by this time there is concern on loved ones faces and I have to admit I'm not feeling too well but not to worry & that it will pass (pardon the pun). I barely make it to the loo same scenario be sick or sit down only this time it's explosive diarrhoea. Hubby comes up to see if I'm alright, I'm embarrassed, in tears, shaking and he is concerned :cry:. I assure him I'm ok and if I'm not back down in ten to come back up ...once he's gone another 2 waves hits me but once it is over I at long last am starting to feel a bit better again but I'm wiped out. I clean up and head back downstairs to reassure all that I'm really truly okay but inside I'm dying of embarrassment :cry:
All the while I'm thinking I'm dumping but on what?? I haven't' had anything?! &
Once everyone was happy I was ok we quickly headed home hubby still concerned of course.

6pm got home and another visit to the loo but this is just the tail end of whatever it was and I'm fine . I wonder if its the activa I had many many hours earlier. Did I get the full fat one by mistake i check but no I didn't although at first glance I thought I had.
I gingerly make myself a glass of milk ....I'm scared to push it but I'm fine

7pm a cuppa but apart from being shattered I'm nearly myself again

I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me what I did wrong today if anything??
I'm now in bed with a watery ovaltine and about to lay my head down for tonight
Tomorrow I'm back on the pre op diet for three weeks so a bit more substance and structure to my day... I really hope today was just a blip

Sorry for the epic story and if you are reading this final line thanks for listening to my woes x
Frances xx

Last edited:
No added sugar diluting squash hun :(... Aspartame in a glass. Yuck

Awww Frankie! How hideous. Huge hugs hun!! Looks ok what you had. The only thing I'd say tho is that I only had Muller lights and plain Total 0% yogs, as there is quite a lot of sugar in other 0% yogs. Where you are now, I cooked (obvs no added sugar - just a hint of Canderel) and carefully sieved black currents which I added (just a teaspoon) to the Total plain or ML vanilla (I'd been on MLs for four weeks pre-op and will never be able to look at one again now!). Also the Robinsons NAS apple and pear squash is delish. I am sure you do hunni, and I don't need to say it, but I read all labels to check the per 100g and try to keep fats and sugars under 3% which is challenging, and part of me thinks that rather than OD on kidney-rotting aspartame I'd rather have a teeny bit more of the real thing if I can tolerate it.

Hugs a million babe xx

Thanks lilac ... If it didn't pass up a straw I wasn't to have it lol hence the activa vanilla which I had on day 3 & 4 too with no probs. I love Total 0% but it didn't pass the fit up the straw test :mad:. I really struggle with NAS Juice or anything with artificial sweetener I usually end up watering it right down to try and mask it :rolleyes: will need to seek out the apple pear Robinson's .. Sounds lovely.

Any hoo today's another day and a different diet phase. Bring back on the fage total 0% yesss :) but for brekkie I'm going to have a bit of weetabix yum yum :)

from how you described you "symptoms" ...that is the exact same way I had my first ever diabetic dumping..i know its scarry and at the time makes you feel intensely ill.. hopefully your on top of it now good luck hun... the only thing I took from mine was I never ever travel without spare clothes and washbag

jo xx

Some people find that lactose can upset them post op. Try soya yoghurts and lactose free milk for a day? I can't see any reason why you'd dump unless you've eaten something you forgot?

Some people find that lactose can upset them post op. Try soya yoghurts and lactose free milk for a day? I can't see any reason why you'd dump unless you've eaten something you forgot?

That was very much it Yve nothing more apart from supping water in between:confused:. I'm a lot better today but I'm wary of eating just in case but I suppose that's natural and I will get there. I am keeping an eye on the lactose thing as that did cross my mind last night too. Hate soya milk because two of my three children where fed on it when babies due to intolerances and it just says baby milk to me ... Mind over matter hahaha

Joanne the extra clothes is defo on my list of musts after yesterday as I was in a right panic about what if I...:eek:

Frankie - I think you won't be disappointed with the apple and pear squash. I bought a lolly mould thing and froze some to lick during the heatwave I had to endure post-op. It was great.

BTW, I've just checked an Activia 0% (Raspberry) lurking in the fridge - it's over 10% sugar. Shocking. In weeks 1-2 I let my yogs (ML or Total 0%) down with milk to make them the right thickness. In some ways, an ML more like a milkshake was better than out of the pot. In the hospital two days post bypass op I was given Muller Light, oh the irony. I started Weetabix during the puree stage (weeks 3-4). Options hot choc was also on my permitted liquids in weeks 1-2, as was Heinz cream of tomato (they do one with a hint if chilli which I loved). All adds variety. Good luck - I'm sure you will be feeling better v shortly. Early days are a bit tricky as it is all so overwhelming and new xxxxx

The Heinz tomato with hint of chilli is lovely isn't it even though I watered it down a bit while on my pre op it was still yummy. I'm going to try it again next week and hope that I'm ok with it... It is on my list of approved foods so fingers crossed.

Yeah I know the sugar is shocking in Activa. I used to have them early balloon days because i couldn't find anything in our local supermarket that was less sugar which is even more amazing. I now shop further afield in the bigger stores in order to get my Total 0%

One question though should I be feeling restriction when eating my weetabix ..or is it a "slider"?

Back