• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6th day post op dizziness

Frankie - I have restriction swallowing everything, including water. I had my hiatus hernia repaired at the same time as the bypass which has made the restriction round my throat (above the pouch) the width of my little finger so I have to get stuff passed that first before it gets to my pouch. It will stretch in time. So I have double 'trouble' just now. I am struggling to take the daunting quantity of daily supplements due to the water consumption to get them down. I now stagger them into morning (Pregaday and Vit D), noon (Sanatogen A-Z Complete x 2) and night (Calcichew x 2).

It does however get easier as the days pass. I am not sure there is any such thing as a slider food post-bypass as the pouch is so small but I guess the runnier the food the more quickly is passes down to empty the pouch to receive more. Also everything is very swollen for a number of weeks which takes-up space.

xxx

Ditto on the hiatus hun but I don't have any restriction at all everything I drink I can literally feel and hear flow through. I was managing to down a glass of juice in less than 20mins by post op day 3!

Meant to add most of my meds bar one are liquid/soluble based so that's so much easier and any multi vits are in a months time Ohhh the joys

Try almond milk if soya doesn't suit. The lactofree is still cows milk. It could be the activia

Back