• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going back to work after bypass

Beluca

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and from what I have read so far it seems a fantastic support.

I had my bypass 5 days ago. Am starting to feel much better today, still some pain and wind but much more bearable.

I know that we are told we have to wait 2 weeks before going back to work, but was wondering if anyone out there went back sooner and if so how they got on.

I run my own business, so being sat at home (apart from being boring!) is a problem for me.

Would really love to hear your thoughts.

X

Hi and welcome
If you have a sedate job 2 weeks might be ok, its just how you heal and how you feel. Theres no way i was ready at 2 weeks i just knew things werent healed propery. See how you go and listen to your body.

Kim

At the end of week one I thought I would be ready to go back after two weeks, but I was basing this on how I felt lounging on the sofa all day. Once I went out and about for a few hours I realised that my energy levels were not what I thought they were. I go back next Monday after three weeks off and know that I am going to be quite tired by the end of the day on Monday!

Back