• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

7weeks post op and struggling

emilye349

Im really not intrested in food. To the point where i put a spoonful to my mouth and spit it back out. I only had a babybel yesterday and today all ive had is 4mouthfuls of beans and just now 2bit of small chicken which i forced myself to eat. Anyone else experienced this??

Yes, I had no interest in food for some time...as you heal you will eat more. I found yoghurt and chocolate milk staple food for the first few months...just eat what you can, experiment and don't worry.

I was like that for the first 10-12 weeks, I used to eat by the clock because I knew I had to. I'd have yogurts, milky coffee and soup quite a bit. Unfortunately, that is changing and I'm starting to find an interest in food again :(
I'm still don't really get hungry, it's more head hunger and cravings.
I say unfortunately because it has now become harder work battling the old food demons.
What stage are you at? Are you still on soft food or are you back on 'proper' food?

Im on soft food but towards the end now. Im just finding it all the same which is prehaps why im not intrested. For brekkie ill have porridge or wheatabix. A babybel as a snack. Lunch ill have some baked beans. Dinner maybe some chicken. But these last few days i literally cant put anything to my mouth without feeling sick. Strange maybe ill just go back onto liquids/yoghurts and go from there x

Yes very much so. Found that stage frustrating . Didn't do well with puree or soft. And found i couldn't get enough protein felt like i was thinking of it too much! It gets better Em x

So far the things ive had ive not dumped. I have had a packet of skips (well about 4 mouthfuls) to try to stimulate me to want food but nothing!! As they arent the worst crisp i thought id give it a go!! I seem to at this stage not dump either which i dont know how i feel!! Obviously very lucky not to have experienced it yet but also its the unknown as i am worried that I will have something and then be awful

I am indeed but that makes me want to vomit too! Im due to go back next week so will have to discuss this with the dietitian and surgeon

Definitely - as I was feeling sick everytime I ate around 6/7 weeks out and they discovered I ha a stricture x

Its a narrowing of passage from the pouch - so food gets stuck. Mine narrowed so much I couldn't drink in the end. All fixed now :) xx

Gastroscopy - they poke a wire balloon down there. I had to have it done twice, it's rare - about 20% get it

Back