• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

8 Days and counting!

fat-girl-slim08

At Goal & Now Maintaining
Hello Everyone,
I have just joined this forum last night and I thinks its brill!!
Anyways I am Having my Gastric Bypass on Saturday 6th December (Next Sat) at The Alexandra in Manchester and my surgeon is Mr Amorri and I was wondering who else has had the bypass there and done by him. and what was your experiences? I am getting kind of nervous now, but also excited too, It would be great to hear from anyone.

:welcome:hi and welcome to minis, good luck for saturday.

liz x

Hi and welcome. Just a week to go, how exciting. I had Mr. Ammori and it went very well. I had mine at Salford Royal but I have been to the Alex & heard people say how nice it is. Best of luck and the time will fly.

Here are a few links about the fab Mr. Ammori that might make you feel better:

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-wei...bypassers.html (Mr Ammories bypassers)

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-wei...recommend.html (What does Mr Ammori recommend)

I can't say enough nice things about him and his team.

Let me know if I can answer any specific questions or concerns. Mr. Ammori did many of the bypassers on here so I am sure they will be along as well.;)

Hi and welcome to minis, I had Mr Ammori at Spire Hospital Manchester on 8th November, I cant fault the surgeon or his team at all. He is one of the best, tiny little scars, no nose tube or catheter. You are in very very safe hands with him....good luck and your date will soon be here...xx

Hi Fat Girl - I also had Mr Ammori at the Alex in Cheadle back in August, he's fab and you wont have any problems at all, the Alex is a fantastic place, more like a hotel than a hospital, the rooms are great, the staff are superb and they couldn't do enough to make me comfortable.

Have fun, dont worry soon your'll be a loser like the rest of us :D

Hi Fat Girl -

Have fun, dont worry soon your'll be a loser like the rest of us :D
:8855::8855::8855:Thats sounds so funny lol, at first I thought cheeky gitt:eek::mad: Then realised hell yeah I am lol and sooon I will be skinnny lmao:character00264:

I really hope so, I keep thinking its not gonna work for me lol.

Hi FGS

Welcome to Mini's!

Good luck for next Saturday, you'll be fine. From all the others who have had your surgeon on here, you're in safe hands! Of course it will work for you doll, it'll change your life! Looking forward to hearing your story and getting to know you better. I had a band fitted on 28th Oct. Speak soon,

Love Ginaxxxx

Welcome to minimins. Good luck on your op next week.

Awww Thanks for that Gina, I really do think though, that its not gonna work for me, and it was all a waste of time and money, I think I am going crazy you know, and that I am gonna be fat forever and ever no matter what i do lol, Maybe I have too much time on my hands right now, But I can't help but think That i won't lose any weight at all.Arrggg I am sooooooo impatient and want to be skinny, LIke yesterday!!

You will lose it - you will not be able to stop it, over eat and you will be sick, eat the wrong things and you will dump - which will stop you doing it again, honestly you cannot fail with a bypass, Basil will be taking away surgically your bodies ability to put on weight !
We all started sceptical and worried it wouldn't work but it does, the best bit is you dont have to diet :D just eat smaller portions !

Enjoy the ride, cause before you know it your'll be spending a fortune on new clothes :D

Good luck for next weekend !

I too had the lovely basil 3 weeks ago. you will not believe how good you will feel. I have to remind myself to eat as its so easy to forget because your not hungry. But you have to make sure you do to aid healing. i did a post on how prepared are you as i found having prepared high protien foods in advance was a saviour.
good luck although you wont need it.
look forward to hearing about your experiance.
HC

Hi and welcome to minis. i had the bypass done NHS by mr ammori at the end of May. can onlt say my whole experience has been 100% positive. good luck for you op look forward to hearing how it goes for you x

Back