• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass done and now I am home!

lottietat

Well, here I am, it is 4 days post op and I am still alive!! I never worried about the op, even when I was in the anaethetists table, I was excited!
After I was back in my room, I have worried about DVT and leakages etc, but I am doing as I am told and so far so good!
Had mine done by Mr Amorri who was great, no problems and was discharged after 2 nights in hospital.
Just feeling very tired and uncomfortable I guess. Fed up with trying to drink all the time!It is going down very slowly, but so far without any problems. I am probably over cautious as I don't like pain!
Met a couple of other girls in the hospital who had the bypass the same day, so that was nice to be able to pop in and chat to them about their experiences, I think it's really important to speak with other people as it can be quite reassuring.
It is great to read stories on here of how people are doing and the encouragement, it took me ages to find a decent website for UK patients, but here it is!
Any comments about how you felt upto the first week post op would be good, just so I can reassure myself!!
x

Hi Lottietat,

Good to hear you are doing very well and following doctor's orders:)

Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery.

Love Mini xxx

Well, here I am, it is 4 days post op and I am still alive!! I never worried about the op, even when I was in the anaethetists table, I was excited!
After I was back in my room, I have worried about DVT and leakages etc, but I am doing as I am told and so far so good!
Had mine done by Mr Amorri who was great, no problems and was discharged after 2 nights in hospital.
Just feeling very tired and uncomfortable I guess. Fed up with trying to drink all the time!It is going down very slowly, but so far without any problems. I am probably over cautious as I don't like pain!
Met a couple of other girls in the hospital who had the bypass the same day, so that was nice to be able to pop in and chat to them about their experiences, I think it's really important to speak with other people as it can be quite reassuring.
It is great to read stories on here of how people are doing and the encouragement, it took me ages to find a decent website for UK patients, but here it is!
Any comments about how you felt upto the first week post op would be good, just so I can reassure myself!!
x

glad all went well with your surgery :)

best wishes for a speedy recovery - hope you feel a little more comfortable very soon !

Debz xx

So glad all went well hun. Keep following doctors orders and you will be OK, don't be tempted to do too much either (I am a great defender of doing as little as possible!) x x x

Welcome to Minimins!

Glad you are on the road to recovery - you will find all of the support and advice you need here from like minded people. I am hoping for an op in July so will be reading your posts with interest. Hope you keep doing well and feel better soon x

Hello lottietat,
Well done on getting through the first & worst part!!! The next 4-6 weeks are going to be quite slow, as it takes this long for your body to come to terms with what you've just done to it, and it won't like you for a while!!!!
I'm 14 months post op and these early days were quite hard for me, try to take it easy and remember that you have quite an ordeal to recover from! Don't expect too much from yourself- by the time you go for your 6 week check, you'll be feeling a whole lot better!!
Take care!!
Lou.

well done lottie glad ur on the mend hun, i had my bypass done nearly 1 year ago and have lost nearly 8 stone and im chuffed the 1st couple of weeks take it nice and slow dont try to rush into solid foods otherwise ul feel the pain of it, if u get stuck just shout to any of the girls and they will help u ok, we r all good friends here to help 1 another if u want u can mail me or msn me its [email protected] il be glad to offer u some help and advice take care lv georgina xxx

hi stamperlou ive been trying to get hold of u 4 ages i read a thread u wrote b4 about ur weightloss and i think u said its slowed rite down because u comfort ate i know wot its like cos i can eat chocolate til the cows come home without dumping and wen u get used to food that dont hurt u go back to it can u get in touch with me by mail or msn its [email protected] thanx xxx

Hi georgina.
I'll get an email to you tonight so you have my address- I'm just about to switch off & turn in for the night, but will def chat to you soon.
Lou.
x

Thanks everyone for your comments. I am 6 days post op and feeling better by the day. My mouth is disgusting though from all the milk/yoghurts!!!
My wounds appear to be healing well and I am free from pain which is good!
I am going to a support group tomorrow with the Company I had the operation through and will get a chance to meet others that have had the op which will be great. I will certainly mention this website to others.
Getting a bit bored with the stuff I am eating, but to be honest, I am not hungry so am eating/drinking because I know I have to!
x

Thanks everyone for your comments. I am 6 days post op and feeling better by the day. My mouth is disgusting though from all the milk/yoghurts!!!
My wounds appear to be healing well and I am free from pain which is good!
I am going to a support group tomorrow with the Company I had the operation through and will get a chance to meet others that have had the op which will be great. I will certainly mention this website to others.
Getting a bit bored with the stuff I am eating, but to be honest, I am not hungry so am eating/drinking because I know I have to!
x

Hi Lottie

Lovely to hear how you are doing and will keep reading your post as well and I'm sure you will be able to help me and others in the future xx

Yes, I am out and about. Can't believe how well I feel only a week after the op. The support group was good, although most of the people there had had the lap band and not the bypass so they talked more about that than the bypass. I did chat to another lady who has had the bypass and lost 6 stones since January!

Back