• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

8 month into my journey

Hope71

Hi everyone I am not a frequent poster. But got a great amount of support and inspiration from this forum. I wanted to share a little of my journey with others today.
I had my sleeve surgery with prof ammori 8 months ago. I can honestly say I have not regretted it for one second. I have lost a total of 30kg I was 103.3 today I am 73.3kg I am 5'5 ft. My final goal is around 70kg though technically I should be 68.???.
To be honest I would be happy with where I am today.
FOOD. I can finally say I have a healthy relationship with food. I eat anything I want in much smaller portions. I am blessed and lucky as I have not developed any intolerences to anything.
I eat about a side plate of food. I do find very spicy/hot food slightly uncomfortable, use to love it before.
My struggle: is exercise it always has been and obviously still is. Hence my body tone is not where it should be...:)
Keep forgetting to take my vitamin regularly but I eat extremely well balanced and healthy diet. But I never deny myself anything if I want something sweet I will have a little. Leys jist say I still cannot finish a single scoop of haagen daaz ice cream. But I thoroughly enjoy what I eat.

Last word: if you are thinking of having this op go for it my life has been transformed. I love it. I am 43 a lady met my 16 year old son and I for the first time she was shocked she thought I was 29 or 30. It felt sooo good. After always looking so much older than I was. I have also been lucky as my face does not look tired frm the weightloss.

Thank you to all the people who have given me support. I hope I inspire a few people too.
Hope xxxx

SleeveGirl

Well done Hope71 :) xx

shaba

Thanks for posting Hope. You've done fantastic! It's nice to hear how people are doing and when they say they have no regrets :) I've had a consultation with Professor Ammori and am currently trying to get in the zone (psychologically) to go ahead and be sleeved.
I'm the same age as you and it's something I've been considering doing for a couple of years. Sick of letting life pass me by in a body that I feel uncomfortable in. But when I read updates like yours, I just want to go for it!!! xx

Hope71

Thanks for posting Hope. You've done fantastic! It's nice to hear how people are doing and when they say they have no regrets :) I've had a consultation with Professor Ammori and am currently trying to get in the zone (psychologically) to go ahead and be sleeved.
I'm the same age as you and it's something I've been considering doing for a couple of years. Sick of letting life pass me by in a body that I feel uncomfortable in. But when I read updates like yours, I just want to go for it!!! xx
Shaba you are in safe hands with prof A and his team they are wonderful. I cannot praise them enough. Bite the bullet hun you will not regret it.

marywithoutsound

Ah, I was sleeved at the Alex! Yes, they really are fantastic, aren't they? Prof Ammori is wonderful! So glad to hear you're doing so well!

Baby goose

Hi hope 71 we'll done on your weight loss I should be posting much more regularly but I so busy I forget I also had a sleeve in December 2013 and I'm so happy I did so and I am so much healthier I hope you continue well on your weigh loss journey xxxx

Angie E

Thanks for posting guy's. I've read your posts. I'm up late (4am in the morning) worrying about the prospect of having WLS and thinking I'm I doing the right thing. I am waiting now for my surgery date from Homerton Hospital, so fingers cross I should get a date soon...

Last edited: