• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 2 post op

tink1974

what a rollercoaster!

First the elation of actually getting my op done (& even better being 1st on the list).
Then going onto the ward - well that was an experience and a half. I was on a ward with 5 other females, the youngest i think would have been 70. The lady across from me and next to me both had to use comodes and had bowel issues. All I will say is that the smells didnt help with my nausea.
So imagine how i felt when the nurse told me i would have to stay another nite as I had been recieving morphine. I burst into tears and told her i couldnt stand the smells. I obviously had some impact as about 1/2 hr later I was told I could go home. (well to the hotel)
So back at the hotel, i was in agony. Whatever way i had been lying the bottom of my back was in excruciating pain. Got a few hrs sleep.
This morning i managed to drink a smooth yoghurt diluted with milk. I have also had a slimfast drink, a cup of tea, cup of coffee, soup and water. so havent done too badly on my fluids.
I have to say that it is a bizarre feeling after drinking 1 yoghurt to feel full - very strange indeed.
I got very down today - think its a mixture of the anaesthetic and also being away from my home.
feeling a bit better now - going to take a cocodamol and head to bed shortly (hopefully will get more sleep than last nite).

I know that i dont feel so good at the minute, but I know this is going to be soooo worthwhile. I am really excited about the changes that are gonna happen.

Thank you all for your support so far - i really do appreciate it.

1 more day left in birmingham and then home to N.Ireland on Monday afternoon.... yippee. Cant wait to see my family.

You are doing so well and you will feel a bit better every day. I bet you are missing home though and when you get home that alone will help :D Good Luck and I hope you get a good nights sleep XX

aww sleep well hun soon home!

Is it pain from the surgery or gas pain hun? Also be careful with slimfast as it is high in sugar. Try muscle milk light with 2% milk.

Awwww tink thinking of u love.... Hospitals ain't the best place to b wen ur feeling sick especially with the smells... I know I work there :-( although I love my job I know exactly wat u mean about ppl using commodes in the bay that ur in poor u!!!
Pleased ur bk at the hotel hope uv had a good sleep and got plenty of rest... R u Alone or has someone came along with u? Safe journey home and I look forward to following ur journey xx

hi laura - yeah my mum is with me -keeping an eye on me
e-squared - i must look into the sugar content thing. i am only drinking slimfast cos it was on the post-op sheet i was given. Because i am away from home it is really difficult to get stuff. I brought a lot of things like smooth cupasoups, bovril etc with me. It will be a lot easier once i fly home tomorrow. thanx for telling me though

I can sense this is going to be a very steep learning curve. lol

On a lighter note - i slept last nite for 6hrs. I feel a wee bit tender this morning but nothing a co-codamol wont sort out.

Heres to day 3!

Hi Tink - You must be glad that you`re out of the `smelly` ward.

Not long now hun, you will soon be winging your way home to the bosom of your family. I can understand how you must miss them. I have a sister in Donegal and don`t see her and her family nearly enough!

Hope you have a good day today. Should`nt worry too much about calories in Slimfast as your on the liquid diet, you will soon be losing lots of pounds anyway. When you go home you can look at different drink replacements.

Dotty got me onto a website called myfitnesspal.com and it is free and has loads of usefull information!

Rest today and sip sip sip and good luck on your journey home.

Keep us posted to how you are doing hun x

Love Kat x

hey tink1974 congrats on getting your surgery. Can i ask you a question. MY sister-in-law lives in NI and was told they dont fund it over there?? was wondering how you managed to get funding for it so i can advise her what would be best. She has a weight problem also and has a lot of medical problems thats would be within the acceptable co morbidities for Surgery. As you can imagine i felt terrible telling her i had been offered it but if i can push her in the right way that would be great xxx

Glad you slept some and your off home tomrrow back to YOUR home and hevan everything your used to and you'll feel better i'm sure!

Hi sweetheart. It sounds like you're doing really well, so well done you.
I hope you get home asap. there's nothing like recovering in your own home.
Sending lots of hugs.
Grace xxx

hi there
I hope you are all safe and sound and at home now recovering. Every day will get better and better and before long the weight will be dropping off.
This will all be a distant memory before very long
Best wishes
Jo XX

thanx everyone - i am now home safe and sound. it was gr8 seeing my hubby and my girls
I am a bit sore after the travelling today, but time will help to settle it

Back