• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

9 weeks post op - question

ZombieBex

Hey

Very noobish question im guessing but i have been seeing comments and posts about protien shakes - i get the feeling im not getting enough protein - i try to have my eggs and chicken but i was wondering should i be thinking of having a protein shake as breakfast or at some point in the day - im UK based and would love some feedback and i have well over a month until my post op meet with the dietician.

Im handling all foods without any issues and do my best to drink my pint of skimmed milk a day as advised in my food sheets

Thanks in advanced

Bex

BUMP!

Also: in a former life I used Maximuscle and found the strawberry / banana flavours nice with milk - but not sure if suitable for WLS (I used to drink them when doing a lot of physical training).

Can someone else help or comment on suitability of Maximuscle for post-WLS?

Skyr yoghurt is around 14-19g (depending on flavour) of protein per 150g pot.
Cottage Cheese - 9g per 100g.

Lentils are also high protein. I often make a curry which is simply red lentils, chicken breast and spinach and that's packed full of protein with no need to add rice (due to the lentils in it). If you like the sound of that I can send you the recipe - it's an easy make :)

Im eating eggs, cottage cheese and fish but that curry sounds amazing - im still unsure if im allowed spicy good if my pouch will allow it - it better as i love spicy!!!!!

Im eating eggs, cottage cheese and fish but that curry sounds amazing - im still unsure if im allowed spicy good if my pouch will allow it - it better as i love spicy!!!!!

Here's a linky to a recipe for it (there's only 2 of us so I half the ingredients): Chicken and Red Lentil Curry | BBC Good Food

I use Patak's paste and go for a Madras, but you may want to start milder if you're not sure how your tummy will cope. Freezes well too so it's a good one to freeze into little portions.

I am 10 weeks post bypass tomorrow and the whole way through I have not had protein shakes, I bought some but cannot tolerate the texture.

My way to boost protein, if not doing it via hard protein such as meat fish or eggs, is to have Danio and Fage 0% yogurt. Nice and thick. And lots of protein. I mix the two together so not quite as sweet as a Danio on their own and love them that way. I find them very filing as well.

The other way to boost protein is to mix in some dried skimmed milk powder to my semi skimmed milk when having cereals or coffee or into soups.

Logging with myfitnesspal is a good way to keep track if you aren't already doing that.

Good luck ;)

I use optimum nutrition gold standard 100% whey for milky consistency shakes and Syntrax nectar for squash consistency. I also use homemade protein bars with pulsin tasteless protein powder. Fage and skyr yoghurt,Cheese, boiled eggs, good quality peanut butter and tinned tuna for quick protein fixes. I keep all of these things close by to avoid reaching for the crackers and bread!

Thank you guys :D i LOVE my milk so im gonna start boosting it up with the milk powder - i could drink 2+ pints a day lol

YAY Curry - cannot wait - TY Sundown

I use my fitbit tracker to monitor my daily food intake :)

Back