• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NEWLY POST OP - LETS SEE WHAT YOUR MANAGING.....

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hello

I'm five days post op sleeve today and thought this kind of thread would be helpful to all new post oppers to see what everyone else is having, for ideas, tips and encouragement!

Ok, so starting with yesterday, I had:

Breakfast - vanilla slim fast (sooooo sweet and yucky)

500 mls water and a small glass of skimmed milk. 1 Centrum advanced A-Z vitamins and minerals

Lunch - strawberry slim fast (as above)

500 mls water and a small glass of skimmed milk. Then later on a stock cube disolved in hot water (so good to have something savoury).

Evening - KeeDiet chicken soup (had these for my pre op, taste totally different post op :(

500 mls water and a small glass of skimmed milk. 1 Centrum advanced A-Z vitamins and minerals, got to have two of these a day.

It's fair to say I'm sick of slim fast so I'm going to start having my protein shakes, only problem is they are very low carb. Any ideas?

So far today:

Breakfast - protein coffee

500 mls water and a small glass of skimmed milk. 1 Centrum advanced A-Z vitamins and minerals

I have been doing 50 ml slimfast an hour aiming for 700ml of fortified milk/food meals and other liquids inbetween aiming for 1000ml. Day one I managed a combined total of 850 ml, day two 1550ml, day three 1800ml!!!!
So it's basically slimfast, water, slimfast, tea, slimfast, slimfast, water, slimfast water.... lol not very exciting.

But all the talk of soup last night inspired me so I made the other half a veg soup then drained some of the liquid for one of my drinks. Soooooo worth it :)

It's fair to say I'm sick of slim fast so I'm going to start having my protein shakes, only problem is they are very low carb. Any ideas?

I'm changing from slimfast to phd women when my premade slimfast shakes run out today/tommorrow just for a change.

I will put some recipe ideas from my pack in the recipe forum... maybe under stage one liquids sleeve? Then it won't clog up the chat here with long recipes... can you hyperlink from one post to another? If if I mention smoothie can I link it to the smoothie recipe in the other conversation? Or is that abut complicated? Lol

I'm changing from slimfast to phd women when my premade slimfast shakes run out today/tommorrow just for a change.

I will put some recipe ideas from my pack in the recipe forum... maybe under stage one liquids sleeve? Then it won't clog up the chat here with long recipes... can you hyperlink from one post to another? If if I mention smoothie can I link it to the smoothie recipe in the other conversation? Or is that abut complicated? Lol

Oh no, please post the recipes here. No doubt they will be useful to others too.

Aw... I posted them up in the recipe bit before I saw your reply lol.

Have you been given guidance in what amount of proteins, sugars, carbs should be in the liquid diet @Mazza ? I haven't had that kind of detail...

The amount of sugar in some of the protein shakes is crazy. I think I will try and find plain protein powder to add to milk or food.

Has anyone tried complan savoury stuff??

Nope but I'm back at the hospital tomorrow having my staples removed and seeing the dietician.

Complan savoury is vile ......

Oh God, will avoid the complan then I think.

I didn't get staples I think I have dissolvable and glue... sounds like a create a craft workshop... would be more glam with glitter dressings am sure :)

Gud luck tommorrow :)

breakfast is slimfast (half a bottle) and milky coffee and water.

Then water and vitamins, painkillers, biotin, senekot and vitamin b12 patch.

Then milky coffee.

Lunch is the second half of slimfast, yoghurt (skyr or Arkansas high protein made runny with milk), glass of milk.

Then water.
Mid afternoon treat of tiny pot of custard, mixed with milk.

Dinner is half a slimfast and a cup of miso soup and water.

Then before bed I have the second half of slimfast and water.

So bored with it already. But not hungry.

Arla high protein yoghurt I mean

Oh and as a little treat I'll have a sugar free jelly

I've just tried a bit of my OH's muller light banana and custard, as its the right consistency. It was ok but as with everything else I'm having tooooo sweet.

I've made some sweet potato soup now, when strained is going down a treat. Really satisfying that savoury craving.

I looked for miso at morrisons but as their moving everything around couldn't find it.

Hello

I'm five days post op sleeve today and thought this kind of thread would be helpful to all new post oppers to see what everyone else is having, for ideas, tips and encouragement!

Ok, so starting with yesterday, I had:

Breakfast - vanilla slim fast (sooooo sweet and yucky)

Lunch - strawberry slim fast (as above)

500 mls water and a small glass of skimmed milk. Then later on a stock cube disolved in hot water (so good to have something savoury).

Evening - KeeDiet chicken soup (had these for my pre op, taste totally different post op :(

500 mls water and a small glass of skimmed milk. 1 Centrum advanced A-Z vitamins and minerals, got to have two of these a day.

So far today:

Breakfast - protein coffee

Is slim fast suitable for bypasses?

Nope but I'm back at the hospital tomorrow having my staples removed and seeing the dietician.

Where did you have removable staples Mazza?

Complan savoury is vile ......
I agree Complan savoury is vile! I did Complan chocolate and warmed it up so it was like hot chocolate. i also thought Complan Strawberry was vile when i tried it pre-op, very different from Slimfast Strawberry.
I also tried adding whey protein to Slimfast and Complan but it filled me up too much. I was advised to add extra skimmed milk (Marvel, as it dissolves better) to up the protein levels.

The best thing I found was Upbeat protein drinks - I could only get the Strawberry at first but chocolate coming tomorrow. 200ml, 20g protein, 11g sugar, but that is from the fruit and the milk. It didn't raise my blood sugars which I check several times a day. Easy to digest, didn't make me feel full, and very portable.
Another thing i found easy to get down was Yeo Valley 0% natural yoghurt.

First day of Stage 2 puree today and I am not missing my shakes one little bit!

Have done, porridge, rice pudding, cottage cheese (Arla 40g protein per pot) with mash, and cottage cheese with baked beans, and ready brek.

For my savoury stage 1 my go to was Bovril.
I would check first, probably not because of the carb/sugar content?
A tip - If people want to check nutritional content of various drinks without going to the shops, if you look at Tesco online groceries, click on a product and scroll down, it will give you the breakdown.

Tonight I made garlic broth, surprisingly tasty and not too garlicky!

Tommorrow plan is strained minestrone. Hubby happy with the extra lumps in his soup. He will get extra meatballs too as a bonus :) wonder if little one will like it... something new for her to try too.

More broth options pencilled in too... have had the Covent garden soup book for a year... actually opened it and there's some awesome broths... also the soil association soup book. NOM!!

Have avoided soups where u blend as it feels more like a puree than liquid... making lists to try when I get to that stage!!! looking forward to that in a week or so... this first week is flying by.

Can't wait to bin the shakes off forever... they all pretty grim lol.

Anything that won't get stuck ! Arghhh ..
I'm eating avacado everyday it seems at the moment .. Porridge , lots of fruit mango slices high on list , full fat yogurts , custard pits and rice pudding pots , couscous , beetroot salad , egg noodles but not a lot , corned beef as it doesn't get stuck , small amounts of chicken well chewed , minced beef , the occasional homemade protein shake, mini cheeses , cottage cheese , eggs , plenty of full fat lattes ! Yum !
Looking forward to booting the slow cooker up after the holiday ! Stews and soups and yummy stuff !

Not feeling to good today, no sleep and probably did too much yesterday.

Sipping on some cocomut water at the moment, contemplating a long day of shakes ahead of me..........................

Anything that won't get stuck ! Arghhh ..
I'm eating avacado everyday it seems at the moment .. Porridge , lots of fruit mango slices high on list , full fat yogurts , custard pits and rice pudding pots , couscous , beetroot salad , egg noodles but not a lot , corned beef as it doesn't get stuck , small amounts of chicken well chewed , minced beef , the occasional homemade protein shake, mini cheeses , cottage cheese , eggs , plenty of full fat lattes ! Yum !
Looking forward to booting the slow cooker up after the holiday ! Stews and soups and yummy stuff !

Ok, putting my previous banders hat on here @countrywench !

You suggest things are getting stuck, what sort of things are and are you chewing well? Try to avoid loading up on calories from high fat lattes, did you know a grande Starbucks latte is 220 calories, with 100 of the calories coming from fat? Lattes, yoghurts, custard pots etc are all slider foods so although you will take the hit calorie wise - they ain't going to help your weight loss or filling you up I'm afraid.

If foods you 'should' be eating are getting stuck, get in touch with your dietician maybe? xx

Morni Mazza
I've only just had my top up and I think I'm in the green zone as I can feel the food if that makes sense ..
My team told me to eat full fat dairy to get the protein , never to touch low fat items as they are full of sugars ..
Chicken esp will feel very uncomfortable if I don't chew it to a pulp , bread is a no no along with pasta which I think forms a glue in the stomach .. Stuck episodes have happened when I've gone to eat and been overly hungry and forget to chew properly and just shovel food in .. My own greed caused that ..
The foods listed are all eaten in moderation and I take great care not to over load .. Lattes were suggested because of the proteins and good fats .
Funny how different teams say different things ..
When I get down to the final couple of stone then I will look at the calorie intake to help shift the weight ..
This morning I've hit my 6st loss since April , that's approx a stone a month . I think this is mostly due to no carbs ..
Thank you though for the advice
Mindy
Xxxx

Back