• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

protein shake

Ricky776

Hello :)

After some advice really

I'm just over a month away from my gastric sleeve which I can't wait now

One of the things I'm worried about is once I've had my sleeve what protein shakes to buy

I don't have a clue what to buy as I'm in the uk and the ones I see talked about are from the USA

Now my idea was to have a shake for lunch every day as I'm so busy at work I'm worried about eating

So I was going to mix my protein shakes with frozen fruits etc depending on the taste

Can any one give me a few ideas on what shakes are best uk brands please

Hi there. I'm a uk sleever. I bought protein shake from a health shop but was told they contain a lot of sugar. Dietician advised slimfast with addded skimmed milk powder which adds extra protein. SOup With skiMmed milk powder mixed in again. I usually have one for breakfat. I buy the tesco own brand and do one scoop and 2 tablespoons of skimmed milk powder.mix with 250 mls milk. This gives approcx 40 g of protein. Easy and a surething.

Hi

Protein shakes don't taste great,dried marvel is a good thing to use.
Tesco I've bought from,asda also have them and boots have them too.

Slimfast contains a lot of sugar. Not as much as it used to, but even so... Health Store protein shake powder can easily be bought LOW-CARB i.e. very low or (usually) no sugar.

Most protein shakes bought with strength-building weight loss in mind are low carb.

Mix either protein powder or milk powder with yoghurt & milk plus any fresh or frozen fruit you fancy blitz with a hand blender makes a great smoothie high in protein & low on sugar & fats except the natural fruit sugars.

Back