• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A bit of advice for a new bypasser

Janeywanttoloosealot

Hi everyone i wonder if you could tell me if it is normal to feel so washed out 3 weeks after surgery. I have lost nearly three stone in five weeks but i have little or no energy what so ever is this normal. janey:(:(:(

everyone has been warning me about the tiredness Janey. I think its perfectly normal hun. Once you start eating more you should see an improvement in your energy levels. Are you having the protein drinks from the hospital?

Amazing weight loss hun. Congratulations xxx

Hi Janey

Yes it is, try and get plenty of rest, your body is having to make huge adjustments, hang in there xxxxx

very normal to feel washed out, i had mine in jan and its only now that people are commenting i nolonger look ill

everyone has been warning me about the tiredness Janey. I think its perfectly normal hun. Once you start eating more you should see an improvement in your energy levels. Are you having the protein drinks from the hospital?

Amazing weight loss hun. Congratulations xxx

Hi hun, yes i have two fortimel a day plus soup and other drinks the only problem i have is having a pint of skimmed milk aswell.

Good job so far hun, you should be very pleased with yourself. As for the tiredness, it does come with territory! For one you have just had major surgery, which your body is using most of its energy to heal. Secondly you have dramatically reduced your caloric intake so your body is conserving as much energy as possible. And lastly, you have become a fat burning machine so your energy is being used for that purpose as well.

Take naps as needed, try to get as much protein in as you can and baby your body as much as possible. Once you're eating solid food again, your energy levels should rise and once you have healed more fully you should feel an increase in energy.

Just take it slow for now and you'll soon be back up to normal speed. Just brace yourself for added energy in the near future, it comes as a lovely surprise when your body realises that it needs less energy to run your much smaller body!

Best of luck,
Nic

3 stone is a hell of a lot to drop in such a short space of time so its not surprising you are feeling so whacked out love!!!!! Nevertheless well done. I would echo all the other comments made so far. You really must take the hints your body is giving you and rest up and kip whenever you feel you want/need to. You have made an excellent start on a tricky but rewarding journey!

Take care x

Im only 12days post op and am exhausted more each day! But like everyone has said, it's a major op and changes for your body, it will get easier, it has to! Im there with you, I think rest and relaxation is the key thing we have plenty of time to run around like maniacs!

Sxxx

Just take it easy and chillllllllllll chuck! x

Well done so far. I'm 3 wks post elbow op not nearly as major as yours and i'm still washed out. I cant sleep at mo hence the 2.30am post, i'm sure that you will improve with time and solid food.
Chill girl, take it easy

Ali

Back