• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A Bit worried about appetite

deepblue

Hi Guys I am getting a bit worried about my hunger cravings I am 11 days post op and still on the liquid diet and feeling very hungry.
I am so worried I asked the wife if she was sure the surgeon had performed the operation or was it a wind up :break_diet:I Accidentally ate a small bit of toast without thinking last night and had no problem also still felt hungry please tell me this is normal

Deepblue, i didnt want to have anything for the first 3 days post op. I was amazed at the bypassers on my ward who were having soup! However when i started on my soup/liquid stage i made it to about day 10 then started with mashed spud n gravy (18 days early). I too wondered if i'd had my surgery as i could eat the mash n gravy. After a few days of sloppies i started to have a 'proper' meal of chicken n veg and mash with gravy and was astounded how little i have, i currently have half the portion size of my 11 month old grandson. For tea today i had a spoon of cauliflower cheese, 1 smoked haddock fishcake and a spoon of mushy peas, a 1/4 of fishcake is in the bin along with half the peas and i feel like i could have thrown a bit more of the fishcake away as i can feel it a bit now but it was so delicious :)

Believe me you've had your bypass and when your stomach has something with a bit of substance in it you will know about it... Don't worry, you are really a bypasser xx

Thanks Julie thought I was going mad

At this stage its alot of head hunger , takes a while for the brain to catch up with the body x like julie says when things start to be more solid you will really feel the restriction.

Hannah i love your new pic, you look stunning! x

deep blue was it a band you had fitted as there are lots of posts of hunger and bands on here if you look about hun x

deep blue was it a band you had fitted as there are lots of posts of hunger and bands on here if you look about hun x

Hi Tracey no it was the gastric bypass I had done I think thats why I am so supprised at feeling hungry

Thanks for that answer to deepblue as i to feel hungry, i am still on liquids and are due for puree foods from Friday not far off, but naughtly i keep having a few quavers and sucking them till they dissolve, as i feel hungry, hoping the puree food will keep me more contented

Back