• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm a bit worried....

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Hi Guys
Need your honest opinions here! I'm just a bit worried i've not long finished my dinner and i managed to eat ALL of a good size sirloin steak, a mini corn on the cob and a wee drop of mashed potato. I also ate most of a baked potato with beans and cheese at lunchtime ( i was out for lunch) I have all the symptoms of being pre menstrel but haven't had a totm for over 8 months now. I'm worried as i seem to be able to eat more these days. Should i be worried? xx

Some days I can eat loads and other days not. I think it seems to be the longer out of surgery the more you can eat. I wouldnt worry too much as long as you are eattin healthy and not putting the weight back on it should be ok. Maybe try eatting less if you are not happy. I know easier said than done. You have done so well and just had your big move etc which has all been a strain so maybe some of it has been comfort eatting?

Jo
xx

Thats is what I can eat, so I will watch the replies with interest.

No you shouldnt be, you will be able to eat more as time passes.

You may be starting to get periods back? Mine have started to try and return.

If you are worried speak to your team but its normal to be able to eat more as you go on and everyone can manage different amounts so you cant really compare to other people.

If concerned just try to reduce your intake a bit.

OMG I hope I dont get my periods back..... LOL:D:D:D

Lol me too Mary i have the Mirena coil fitted so hopefully they will stay away! Thanks for the reasurance guys i don't eat that much of a meal every day it was beautiful local beef maybe thats what it was! I've not put on any weight neither have i lost any have stayed at 10 stone 10lbs for about 4 months now. Its weird i never thought i would be worried about eating given what i used to pile in. Jo i think if i'm honest my eating isn't as healthy" as it was but i'm keeping an eye on it and making sure i don't go mad xx

I think you are doing wonderfully Allie, you are in control, don't worry ...

OMG I hope I dont get my periods back..... LOL:D:D:D

I hope mine dont come back either, not had one for 13 yrs and the doc said the reason they stopped because i was so over weight :(

It was a healthy meal Allie wasn't it? I couldn't possibly eat that amount, but I'm not quite 4 months out yet and I have noticed I can eat a bit more these days.

I guess given you can eat more, it's even more important that you make the right choices.

I love steak....and it's full of protein! Yum yum!

I wouldnt worry atall Allie, like you said you dont eat that every day. I think we all have days where we can eat quite a bit more than we think we should be able to. Im only 9 weeks out and I know I do! If you are staying the same weight for 4 months then you must be doing something right :D Like Grace said, steak is all protein! XX

Aw thanks ladies there is a saying up here that the fresh air on the Isle of Lewis makes you hungry and its funny most of us from the mainland swear its true as we are always hungry. My weight is going to be my guide if i see it going the wrong way i'll re visit. Thanks for the reassurance x

I'm at the same stage as you Allie and I could and do easily eat that some days. We're now able to eat more and this is the point at which I guess we have to get our brains in gear. Like the others said its fine, its not every day, you're not gaining so all sounds fine. Its a different journey from here on I think from what I read elsewhere but one we're realise and are trying to tackle or you wouldn't have posted your concerns.

M

Hi Allie, I lost the first reply so I'll try again. I think as long as you know that you are eating to or just before restriction there is no problem. I know that our pouches stretch and we can eat a lot more the further on from our ops we are. I managed to eat 1/4 of a chinese take away on Friday and my pouch told me the last mouthful was too much.

The meal you had was full of protein and sounded very nice. It is not the occassional large meal or treat we eat which is the problem, it is when we eat them all of the time, as you know, as it will stretch our pouches further than they should be.

You are obviously eating alright as you've managed to maintain over the last year when you have had so much going on. I bet in the past you would have put on at least 1-2st by now. Isn't it great to be able to eat and enjoy our meals like 'normal' people?

You have been and still are an inspirational lady Allie. Thank you so much for your love and friendship. Enjoy life and food, within reason.

lots of love and hugs

Rebirthxx

PS maybe one day I'll be able to join you on your island and partake of some of the lovely steak you had?

Hay Allie

I have days where I can eat more other days I'm rubbish at it. For me the "you're full now stop swallowing mate" never returned so I still employ fairly strict portion control.

I use small bowls or plates with a small amount of food and when its gone regardless of whether I could eat any more or not its gone.

I eat ten times a day but small meals and this keeps my pouch in check and my metabolism raging high. Always protein first with some carbs and fat mainly from whole milk.

I'm not advocating this as the way to go it just works for me.

You've worked too hard at this to mess it up and I know you will be a lifelong success babycakes

I think the longer out you go the more you are able to eat. I'm a year post op and can eat much more now - I have come to terms with the fact that its now down to self control as much as having the bypass that determines me maintaining my weight. All the times in my life where my weight has gone out of control have been where I ignored my weight creeping up and stopped weighing myself so I now do this regularly every fortnight. Generally I eat very healthily and exercise 3/4 times a week and this keeps my weight stable, but if it goes up by more than 2lb then I cut back on carbs and up the exercise. There are times when I have really good restriction but most of the time I can eat quite a lot.

Thank you everyone its nice to know we can all eat more now and again and its not just me. Karlos i am like you and always have been i eat often just sometimes its a bit more than other days, thanks for the tip if i worry anymore i'll do the "when its gone its gone" after all look at your fantastic weight loss. Mixie you are one of the most disciplined people i have the pleasure of "talking" to so its good to hear you too can eat more some days and still have your amazing success. Rebirth it's a pleasure to call you my friend you were there on my one of my 1st visits to Manchester and from then on its been great sharing your journey and you know how happy i am for you! Thanks too Stella i'll keep an eye on the carbs if the scales should head in the wrong direction. CCPM thank you for the reassurance especially as you are at the same stage as me. Beth thank you too you are also one of my "originals" lol fame at last. Big hugs x

Back