• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS!

sugga

Hi everyone, just a couple of things you might be able to help me with.

1. Has anyone post op got any breafast ideas for me please?.
At the moment im having either porridge or weetabix and im getting a bit fed up with it.
Im now on the soft and crispy stage but i want to keep bread from my diet.

2. Do i have to eat 3 small meals a day?

What would happen if i only had two meals occasionally?

Yesterday it got to 8pm and i hadnt had my tea but i was drinking lots of water and that was bloating me up.
Anyway at about 8.30 i had some tea even though i could have gone till this morning without it. I felt so bloated and it was only flaked fish and mushed vegatables.
That didnt feel nice and im not doing that again.

So what im trying to say is if this happens again will i be ok to not have any tea if it gets late and i cant stomach anything.

Thanks for any replys...my tum seems to be a bit swollen today too. xxxx

Hi Andy,Im having egg or beans on thin wholemeal toast it goes crispy,so chews down well.
Ham slices with lf cheese.yoghurt with chopped fruit.smoked haddock.kipper fillet.I would watch you are not filling up too much on water,its not leaving space for food.My day is first thing mug of lemon tea,then take my vits.brekkie will be one of the above.drinks then till lunch which is again protein or lentil soup,drinks till teatime fish,meat plus small mash and veg with gravy.Fragmin injection/Fastab.later a yoghurt or fruit.if still peckish.You must get your 3 protein meals in snacks are optional.Hope that helps Maz x

Hi Andrea, I'm tending to have five light meals a day... and I mean light... I have a protein milk shake for breakfast... will be having fruit sometime soon, but for now tinned mandarins in natural juice or such like.

I can't eat a lot but prefer to just have a babybell light in between and a couple of melba toasts with spread...

My main meals are small or I feel sick or too full and am learning not to eat too quickly or eat too much.

I'm putting my food diary on the menu thread for weigh in on Saturday.

Be in touch later Angel.

Love you xxx

Thanks ladies..i had half a weetabix this morning and a milky coffee mid morn. Just had a bit of cottage cheese on 2 melba toast. I wont manage to have tea till later on tonight.

Cant win they say to sip lots and when i do im stuffed and it feels uncomfy, and then i get very tired after iv eaten a small amount.

I have some light babybells in the fridge so ill try one of them later. Thanks loves. xxx

Hi Andrea, I'm drinking water after meals, leave it about half an hour though... I think the water has assisted me and my weightloss so far... I don't bother with squashes just plain water and the guidance is 2 to 3 litres a day.

Love you and take care xxx

When I was at your stage, I had 4-5 very small 'meals' a day. I say meals, a yoghurt would be a meal, or half a yoghurt. Or a babybell and melba toast. Or a couple of melba toast with philadelphia extra light.

I now eat 3 meals a day (3 months out), small sized meals, but still. I try not to snack anymore in between, seeing as I can eat a little more now with the main meals. I find this works for me.

The main and only golden rule is 'protein first' :)

You're doing great sugga! xx

Thank you ladies..i think im filling up too much on liquids and water, but i am leaving an hour before eating or drinking. Iv just gone onto soft and crispy stage so my restriction is really good and im not eating much. Its a good thing and im not complaining at all but i just want to do things right. xxx

Andrea the others have given you some good advice. As Blueeyes says the protein is important, especially at this stage. It is hard to get the calories in so it is important that you have at least 3 meals a day. As Bev said they don't have to be big but, should include protein as we need a minimum of 70g to aid to healing and weight loss. Water can make you feel bloated. That is one of the reasons we're advised to not drink at least 1/2hr prior to and following a meal. I have to admit, I had to set an alarm in the early days and sometimes now to remind me to eat. I know that my weight loss definately stops if I'm not managing to get my proteins/meals in.

Andrea, I quite often have a boiled egg or some natural yoghurt with some H and H mixed seeds in it or a fruit yoghurt. At times have mixed fruit with natural yoghurt on top or a few slices of cheddar cheese or a handful of nuts, especially if I'm going to aqua aerobics.

Hope this helps.

Hey hun
I'm still on liquids, but since you're finding it hard to eat, why not swap one of your meals for a protein shake - only make sure it's one with a high protein content. You can find some that have up to 30g per serving, that means at least you're getting your daily amount in :)

xxx

Andrea forgive me if Im wrong but you sound scared to eat certain foods.Trust me you can eat them just small portions.Vlf cheese like Wykes Farm cheddar,Babybel,Laughing cow and cottage cheese are all good.You could have them on half a baked potato(leave skin)or over a spoon of beans.1 thin slice of well toasted wholemeal and an egg well chewed will be fine.Ham and lf cheese.Yoghurt and berries.

For breakfast I usually have melba toast and light philly.....fruit......babybell light with some cooked meat.........a boiled egg (sometimes mashed with some light mayo) and sometimes I have saved some preotein (chicken usually) from the night before so I will eat a bit of that with as much light philly as I can :D Try and eat at least 3 small meals a day hun....you really need to get your protein in XX

I'm now 2 weeks and 3 days post-op and haven't been told I can have anything other than liquids - in fact in that time my provider contacted me once after a week and nothing since. I'd have thought I should have heard something - a check on how I'm getting on?

Andrea pet, don't skip meals if at all possible. Your body needs protein to aid healing especially in these early days.
Try a bit of yoghurt for breakfast or a lightly poached egg.
Aim for 3 meals and 3 snacks, like half a yoghurt, a milky coffee, a Babybel light cheese.

Don't drink for 1/2 hour before or after a meal. But don't be pre-loading you pouch with too much fluid before a meal either, that's probably why you're feeling so bloated. Maybe it would help you to slow down your drinking to just little sips in the hour before you're going to eat?

It is very hard to get the balance right in the early days love.
Hugs, Grace xxx

Thank you all iv only just got back to this thread.

Maz yes you are right lovey im a bit dubious of swallowing things. haha ill get used to it im sure. If i chew chew chew and there is a lot left in my mouth the i take it out haha Oh the wonders of wls haha xxx

Grace i was drinking to much because the sip sip sipping that iv been told to do is still in my head. Yesterday i sipped less long before i had a meal and i felt a lot better.

I was filling up on liquid and was still full when i tryed to eat. Im learning though and listening to my pouchy...bless it....haha. xxxx

As Grace said its so hard to get the balance between liquids and food and vits and space them all over the day!I went out shopping the other day and I always had lunch out,usually an open sandwich with salad etc.This time I had a bottle of water to sip on!Its just a learning curve.

Back