• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

a couple of things..

emma&alex

firstly, my port area is really hurting me at the moment. I never had any pain at all after the surgery, and its only over the past week or so, ive been quite uncomfortable with it. The first time it started was when I was on holiday. I was wearing a maxi dress kinda thing & i had pull-you-in knickers on. I sat down to eat & I ordered soup to start & chicken for main. I had about quarter of the bowl of soup & I had to go & vomit (tmi sorry). I didn't bother with anything else as I felt quite stuffed & uncomfortable...then I got a pain in my port area. I went for a walk to try and relieve the pain & it was still not very nice. The only time I got any form of relief was when I got changed into something else & put normal knickers on.

has anyone else had problems when eating if youve got stupid pants on?
I understand how ridiculous that question sounds haha.
Could I done some form of port damage with it? Is it normal for it to be a bit painful every now & then?

Ive gone from being able to sleep in any position to not being able to lie on my stomach or side as its not comfortable at all.

Im worried I've damaged it :(

Ok first thing is if you are worried, run all that past your team to put your mind at rest.
I was often worried about my port and it still gets a twinge now and again.
Also I can't lie flat on my side for long without becomming uncomfortable and it hurts after if I don't move positions soon enough.
When I spoke to my team about my port before I was told the pain would be constant and quite bad if something had happened to my port.
I think as we lose weight we are more aware of it and it can feel more uncomfortable due to less padding.
Like I said though, rather than go worrying or speculate, phone your team tell them the above and I'm sure they will reassure you x
For anything to do with pain etc you should always ask the professionals first before you ask us, as we are all different tolerances to pain etc and it's hard to get an objective view on it. xx

im waiting for a call back now :)

if its quite a strong constant pain, hopefully its ok. its just uncomfortable rather than really bad.
you are right though, since losing a bit of weight i am certainly more aware of my port

xx

Thinking of you Em and wish I could help you... keep us posted... worrying about you.... sending a loving hug as always xxx

Back