• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling 'off' today

bikerlady

Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone else has felt like this but, Ive been feeling pretty off today (day 19!), had a pain down my left side where my port is, and head ache and generally feel poo! I had pasta in tom sauce last night which I blended (YUK :sign0137:) and I felt it all night in my chest, like it was stuck and uncomfortable, and now today I feel really off,when Ive been feeling great for the last week or so! anyone else had similar feelings? :wave_cry:

oh god biker, hope your feeling a little better today. I have heard that pasta can get a little stuck as it swells a little in the gut. im going to miss pasta of my diet as im a little weary.

oh god biker, hope your feeling a little better today. I have heard that pasta can get a little stuck as it swells a little in the gut. im going to miss pasta of my diet as im a little weary.
I think thats a good idea! maybe when im eating properly id try again. im not sure if thats the reason im off though! :-(

I had the same experience about 10 days after my op. I had shooting pains down my port site and a real bad migrain. It was caused by eating too fast in my case.
Some people avaoid pasta for many weeks after an op as its known to get stuck. Just watch for this when / if you have it again.
Ive avoided pasta and rice like the plague as the feeling of getting stuck or being sick fills me with dread.
Make sure you log all instances like this in a diary so you can refer back if ever needed.

The Chopster said:
My patient guide says to avoid pasta for the first 3 months so maybe it is a bit soon x

Thanks everyone for your comments, I won't be having pasta again, one of the things I will really miss! But worth sacrificing! :))

Back