• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A&E

Jacquera

Just been there.

A couple of hours ago, I checked my wounds and noticed that there was blood on my tummy and on my shirt. I put a tissue to the wound and noticed it was bleeding. Very dark blood, a blacky browny colour.

So been to A&E, and they squeezed the wound and loads more of the dark blood came out. He thinks I have an infection and has given me antibiotics. He also told me I had to phone my consultant tomorrow and see him earlier.

Once the doctor had squeezed the blood out, the wound closed up again and they put a bandage on it.

I hope it is just a straight infection but I must admit, I am feeling a bit scared that it is something more significant.

Edited to add, it is still bleeding.

Jacki.

Aww you poor thing, hopefully the anti biotics will take care of it. Its so frightening when you have something happen like that! I hope you dont worry too much, let us know what your consultant says (HUGS) XX

Awe no sorry to hear ur bleeding.......just curious why they sent u home when ur still bleeding???? Hope you get it sorted asap ....... x x x

When i had my wounds checked all my stitches were popping through my skin, one of them was really sore, so i ended up picking the scab off and squeezing it, it was bloody and nasty and 4 inches of dissolvable stitch came out! Hopefully the antibiotics will clear it up, do not take dressing off to change put another on top if you need too, and get an app asap xx

Spoken to a gravitas surgeon, who was there when I had my operation, and he said he would talk to my consultant but it doesn't sound anything to worry about. He said that basically the blood would have been trapped and died and that was why it was blacky brown.

They did a swab last night, and I'm sure if they find anything untoward, the results will be rushed to my consultant.

Gave the surgeon my phone number in case they have to phone me back.

Jacki.

Hi Jacki, I had the same thing with 3 of my portals. I was lucky and didn't have an infection. My GP sent me to see the district nurses who packed the wound so that it would heal from the inside out. The dressings were changed every 3-4 days and they have healed up nicely now. If there was a hole it might be worth you seeing your GP or the practice nurse to ensure it heals alright.

love

Rebirthxx

Hope it soon clears precious and thinking of you... love and hugs xxx

HI Hun if its any help my friend had a section not so long ago and the same thing happened with her wound she described it as a "whole load of gunk and blood" that oozed out and it was later diagnosed as an infection and antibiotice took it away so hope its the same for you hun big hugs x

Thanks everyone, wound has still not bled but I think it is bruised. Probably something to do with the A&E doctor squeezing the blood out like a spot. I always thought they drained blood etc with tubes and needles but obviously the doctor took a more direct messy route.

Been feeling a bit funny today, very tired because of worrying last night and also I forgot to take my blood pressure tablet, I take it at night. Had todays one had feeling a bit better now, just really tired now.

Jacki.

Sounds horrible to me Hun, hope it is just an infection and the antibiotics clear it up soon, don't worry over it too much luv xxx I'm sure you'll be fine xxx

Back