• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stopped losing...at 3 weeks post op.

farzu

Hello peeps, i am a bit upset as i stopped loosing weight from last 4/5 days. Its fluctuating. I had a wound infection in one of the wounds which was not properly glued. I thought at first that they only use glue but the nurse told me that the put dissolvable stitches inside and then glue the top. One of the stitches was poking out. Went to hospital and they put some medicine on it and plastered it again. They told me to see the gp for more antibiotic. I heard about body going to starvation mode but dont know if this is it or i am doing something wrong. How long does the starvation mode stays for? I'm worried now. Please help.

Its not constant hun,you havnt healed inside yet so there are fluctuations.It will happen!

Don't be worried, you will be incredibly swollen internally its a massive operation, and most likely you are holding water due to trying to get the right volume in, medicines and pain killers don't weigh everyday and you will have a nice surprise in a week or twos time - I didn't show a loss until day thirteen xx

A stall in week three is very common ... your body is in shock but will soon come to grips with it & you will start losing again. Try to aim for 500/800 cals a day at this stage to avoid starvation mode but this is not the case so soon after surgery. You will need around 800/1000 once on proper foods. Good luck, honey & don't get despondent as it is entirely normal xx :)

You doing fine Farzu just give it time to work, your body needs to repair itself but once a week is quite enough to weigh yourself and make sure you have measured yourself then you can look at the inches you have dropped as well as the pounds. xxkeep up the good work xx

As already said you have nothing to worry about my lovely...stalling is very common... some people stall more than others.. but the weight does come off..again some lose quicker than others.. we are all different. So keep up what you are doing as you are doing great xx

I have started going for walks. 1.5 miles everyday since last 3 days but still the scale doesn't move. I tried to eat some chicken yesterday, it was a bit dry and felt like its not going in, then i walked again and was ok. I checked on the hospital website and found a really helpful document which includes all that a person needs to know about post op eating. How to read the lables and all. Hospital didnt give us any on pre op assesment day. Lucky that i got it. I was reading all the lables wrong :(

I'm 3 weeks post op today & can now start the soft food stage :D
I just weighed myself and lost............... nothing :cry:

daisy2002 said:
I'm 3 weeks post op today & can now start the soft food stage :D
I just weighed myself and lost............... nothing :cry:

We are on the same boat daisy. Hope we start loosing soon again. Its 3 weeks 4 days for me. I have not felt any restrictions yet in any food rather than pasta and long grain rice. What about you?

I hope so too, its not nice to not lose anything at all.

Well i just tried my 1st proper food which was a scrambled egg. I managed to eat nearly all of it :confused: which seems so much. It went down well and i don't feel any pain although think i have a bit of trapped wind. I ate it slowly though and chewed it well.
Thought i wouldn't be able to eat so much.

I don't know what i'm going to eat later on though, may need to post and ask for suggestions.

daisy2002 said:
I hope so too, its not nice to not lose anything at all.

Well i just tried my 1st proper food which was a scrambled egg. I managed to eat nearly all of it :confused: which seems so much. It went down well and i don't feel any pain although think i have a bit of trapped wind. I ate it slowly though and chewed it well.
Thought i wouldn't be able to eat so much.

I don't know what i'm going to eat later on though, may need to post and ask for suggestions.

Scrambled egg is so soft it would go down easily. My friend ate a 300g quorn cottage pie on her first purée day (2 weeks post op)

I will be 3 weeks post op Friday. I am expecting stalls along the way. It's just the nature of being human :)

I'm 3 week tomorrow and have just started pureed. I never lost anything last week but all my clothes are falling off me. Unfortunately my smaller size jeans are still too small to wear comfortably so I just walk arounf pulling my jeans up as I go

I have lost inches. I measured today. Bought size 14 leggings from primark which fits but still cant wear jeans. I feel uncomfortable wearing jeans. Bought size 16 jeans from primark yesterday ( which doesn't fit ). Are there different sizes for every shop or what?

With the soft food/puree stage do you whizz it up to be just smooth food like you'd give a baby? or is just mashing it with your fork or chewing the bits of veg until they are mush ok?

I lost the first two weeks but nothing this week. I am still in my size 22 trousers that i was wearing before the pre-op diet :confused: ..... so my weight just must be coming off of my toes and fingers right now :D

daisy2002 said:
With the soft food/puree stage do you whizz it up to be just smooth food like you'd give a baby? or is just mashing it with your fork or chewing the bits of veg until they are mush ok?

I lost the first two weeks but nothing this week. I am still in my size 22 trousers that i was wearing before the pre-op diet :confused: ..... so my weight just must be coming off of my toes and fingers right now :D

I am not really pureeing anything. I am just chewing hard to make it puree consistency in my mouth. :)

There are some surgeons that don't believe in pureeing food. They say we should eat soft foods in sauces and learn to chew properly.

Others want everything like baby food consistency.

The difference between advice out there is immense.

Back