• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A full week post op

natashoorrr

Well guys! One week post op! This time last week I was absolutely knack erred and in pain!

This week has been exhausting to say the least, my bum goes numb from sleeping in funny positions and the tops of my legs go numb because of the surgical socks - I can't wait for these to come off!

I had my first weigh in today and I've lost 13lbs :) pretty happy about that but obviously it's hard to gage where it's come off because my clothes still fit albeit I have a bit more room in them. Liquids are positively boring but the weirdest thing I find about it all is the feeling of not being hungry but not being full either? It's one more week of liquids before moving on to some yoghurt like consistency. I can't wait for some low calorie angel delight :) should be good fun!

So I'm definitely on the losers bench now :)

Only another 8 stone to go! Lol

Well guys! One week post op! This time last week I was absolutely knack erred and in pain!

This week has been exhausting to say the least, my bum goes numb from sleeping in funny positions and the tops of my legs go numb because of the surgical socks - I can't wait for these to come off!

I had my first weigh in today and I've lost 13lbs :) pretty happy about that but obviously it's hard to gage where it's come off because my clothes still fit albeit I have a bit more room in them. Liquids are positively boring but the weirdest thing I find about it all is the feeling of not being hungry but not being full either? It's one more week of liquids before moving on to some yoghurt like consistency. I can't wait for some low calorie angel delight :) should be good fun!

Congrats!! That's great Natashoor. You sound so much more positive this week. The not hungry not full feeling I can associate with too... I've got 10 days/nights of the horrible stockings to go yet :(. I'm on the stage of yogurts and smooth soups and i hate to say it but the feeling of "not hungry not full" is still with me .. Not sure if its different for sleevers though. Three days left before I move to softs ..hurray :)

You just reminded me that angel delight exists! How fab :)

You sound like you are doing absolutely amazing, well done! Keep it up! :)

Thats fantastic well done!!! I was sleeved on 1st August, but I am solids now, doing great too...have lost 2 stone in one month!! So I feel great...I love my sleeve...I still cant have steak yet as it is quite tough...but I am having chicken and pork, the weirdest thing apart from the no hunger is adjusting to my new portion sizes, I used to have a chicken and egg salad for lunch, now all I can manage is half an egg and one small chicken fillet!!! But it works.....I really do love it!!!

Wow well done eeeek exciting. The socks sound a pain ? not long tho x

Last edited:
The socks just get a bit irritating! Obviously is rather wear them than get a blood clot or anything so must grin and bare it! I only have to wear mine for two weeks (unlike some who have to wear them for 6 weeks..eek! Work have asked me to take in my sick note today and have a chat so hopefully they won't put too much pressure on me.. I'm hopin it's just to keep them informed with what is going on!

Thankfully I was able to ditch the socks once I left hospital... I probably would have ripped them all, knowing my clumsiness. Hope you can get rid of them soon and hope you're okay.

Thankfully I was able to ditch the socks once I left hospital...

Mine were gone about 12 hours after surgery when I went and had a shower. Wasn't going to put smelly old ones back on and wasn't given any others. I do feel for those of you who have had to wear them for weeks though.

AE.

Well done Natasha, your'e doing great. Since a misdiagnosis last year for a ruptured Achilles' tendon I have to wear the cursed stocking for the rest of my life, only one leg though so only half as bad! xx

Thankfully I was able to ditch the socks once I left hospital... I probably would have ripped them all, knowing my clumsiness. Hope you can get rid of them soon and hope you're okay.

They are pretty much indestructible Ines :(

Back