• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Head Hunger One Week Post Sleeve

Banana19

Hi lovelies,

I had my sleeve surgery one week ago today without many issues at all, I've been feeling quite good :)

Today however I find I have a real strong head hunger. I'm still on liquids/thin yogurts and can find my limit when I do have those but then an hour later I feel so hungry, mostly dominated by my head I think.

Has anyone else had this? I don't want to be plying myself full of liquids etc in case I do any damage. Help!xx

Hi banana,

Totally know what your going through, I had a really "funny do" yesterday, thought I was having a heart attack, collapsed etc. Long story short is I'm severely dehydrated- spoke to my nurse and she said I need to get in as much fluid as poss and 6 small "meals" a day (I was on 2, and apx 750ml of fluid!). I was so worried I was going to cause a leak that I caused myself a serious health risk and was on the brink of being readmitted. It's what to do for the best, you don't want to drink too much incase you cause damage, but if you don't drink enough, you end up with potential kidney failure!!

How are you pain/healing wise? I'm still achey, but very little wind now which everyone is happy about! :) xx

Wow Mrs Duck, hope you feel better today?!

I definitely noted a big difference today just by upping the liquid/water/NAS squash intake. The pains aren't there as much today. I had myself worrying that I was eating too much too! Today, I've had one small can of soup in two sittings, a yoghurt and an ice lolly. They really are a saviour right now to get extra liquid in!!

Pain wise I'm doing good, just some pain when bending but nothing that would have me squeak in agony or anything. I've noticed that I'm trying to roll on my front in my sleep and that does hurt!! Had no idea that I even did that in my sleep so I've had to give myself a stern telling off!!!!

Wind wise, nothing too out of the ordinary :p

How are you doing? How long are you on liquids for before mashed/puréed? Xxx

Liquids till Tuesday then purée- yipeee. I've never wanted mash potato more! I dream about it..Lol!

Yeah, freaked me out yesterday, freaked the family out too. Everyone is txting me, ringing me saying DRINK DRINK DRINK. I'm drinking sips every 10 mins now. Food wise, today I've had a cup of fresh smooth soup for lunch, and a packet cuppa soup for tea. According to nurse, I need to have 4 of these meals a day, there is no way I can fit all that in as well as loads more fluid!

Pain wise; I am still achey, sounds like you're recovering better than me. I am up and about, don't get me wrong. But I can't bend over, no way! Can't bend down, feels like I could burst something if I did, maybe I'm just paranoid though xx

Head hunger is a bit of a bu*ger. I think it took until about 2 1/2 months post op for the feelings to diminish. When I had these hunger pangs, first thing i did was tell myself over and over 'that its not possible to feel hungry, I physically can't'. Sounds daft but it eventually worked, now my head hunger episodes are few and far between.

Sounds like you guys are doing really well, take care. X

I'm the same diet wise as you too then Mrs Duck :) I also can't wait for some mash and puréed veg, will be heaven!!

I'm struggling to eat much at all today, liquids also a slight struggle, feel like I'm grazing because it's taking so long to eat yoghurts etc. But must persevere!!

Take it easy and don't be stretching yourself too far for now - how long are you off work? Im v tired today xxx

Thanks Matra!!

Very good way to think, not difficult today as I feel so stuffed after just half a yoghurt :p
Xx

I'm still feeling achey, I wake up every morning preying it will have gone. I think I'm just being inpatient though, I'm sick of feeling like this now. I've re-read all my info from my team, I'm making a massive effort now to get better before Monday - I go back to work then! More milk as apparently this helps you heal quicker. I'll look like a cow by the time the weekend is out!:rotflmao:

Just about to do an online shop for next weeks puree stage. So far I've got:

Fish pie
Mash pot with philly
Spag bol
Shep Pie
Carrot Mash with gravy

Can you think of anything else? Keen to have protein to help with the recovery. xx

Cornbeef hash is another good one (I didn't bother with the tatties as they filled me up too much)! I also ate quite a lot of marinated tofu as it practically melts in your mouth.

Thanks Matra!!

Very good way to think, not difficult today as I feel so stuffed after just half a yoghurt :p
Xx

Oh I remember those days.

I still find it hard to believe that we can function on so little food, I really used to be a pig!! ;)

Back