• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass A Gentle Stroll

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Hi,

Just to let you all know of my surprise stroll today. We went to a country park called Ferry Meadows which has two car parks, approx a mile walk from each other.

Before the start of my journey I would have to stop every 5 mins to catch my breath and rest my back etc, but today I did the whole walk without stopping once and without feeling any back pain and being out of breath at all.

To me it felt like I had won the London marathon, so cant wait to loose some more weight and then being able to do some more exercising.

I am now thinking, of starting to go for a walk every night now, to start up with my exercise pro-gramme.

So proud of you!Every little breakthrough is marvellous for us.We take so many things for granted.To walk a small distance,take a shower or bath without needing oxygen!Fastening your shoes or pulling on your socks!Walk upstairs!
Take a slow walk around the neighbourhood and build up from there,Read Mixxys threads for inspiration,the mans a ledgend!Best of luck,Maz x

Congratulations on your achievement and as time goes on you will be able to stretch it out a bit further...it is amazing how forgiving the body is.

Well done:happy096:

congratulations well done xx

Nice one.
For me these little acheivements mean so much and I love to read about how other peoples lives are chnging for the better.
Keep up the good work x

well done hun.

Isn't it amazing how much better than any food feeling fitter is? Well done xx

Thats brilliant, well done! I look forward to the day I can do the same but in the meantime while I wait, I love reading and following everyone elses achievements, it gives me hope for myself and tells me there is a light at the end of the tunnel, giving me the incentive to carry one.. xx

Well done! Thats fantastic. I love reading about things like this. Warms my heart :)

Today I went for a country walk that's about 2 miles I would guess. Last time I went there was last summer (pre-op) and I found it exhausting and tiring. Today I didn't even break a sweat and found it a doddle! I don't do much exercise yet but just the weight loss alone has helped me be so much fitter. And I don't sweat anymore!! :)

Fantastic, well done! Who know's where you will be walking to in a few more weeks!!

Back