• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dumping mishaps!

Jrichard

It's a beautiful day, I'm feeling good so I say to my husband let's go for a walk. We drive over to a local park called Ferry Meadows, the sun is shining, the birds are singing........you get the picture. We decide to have a light bite first. I chose a spud with cheese and manage a few forkfuls.

We walk 100 yards, I start dumping, next thing I no I'm sat at a picnic table fast asleep with my husband waking me to say 'I've got the car love'!

Moral of the story; don't go for a walk in 35 degree heat, 11 days post op and try to eat spud and cheese, your body won't thank you for it!:8855:

Oh not good, but I am surprised you are eating spud and cheese 11 days out. i was on fluids for 2 weeks then a very soft diet for 2 weeks.

Hope you feel better now, and its all a learning curve.

Good luck with your journey

I no, apparently it's because the food is 'dumped' rapidly into the intestines. I shouldn't have had the food but it was half one and I hadn't eaten yet. I thought that it was the safest thing on the menu, how wrong was I!

Dumping isnt nice, its very similar to a hypo so you get light headed, sweat dizzy feel sick it passes in a few minutes or can last upto about 30 mins but sometimes its easier to sleep it off.

Even the most sensible food choices turn out to be sooo wrong, but I would advise you do all your firsts at home to try them just in case you have a bad reaction, but the other problem is you could be fine 1 day with it and then dump the next time you have it. You have to keep trying new things x

Thats a good idea, but it wont be forever, you WILL be able to order a spud and cheese or a sandwich etc from a cafe before you know it.

It has happened to me a few times this last week.
I also get terrible tummy ache and have to make lots of trips to the ladies. It clears me out very well lol. But seriously it is very painful.
Last week I met my daughter in a cafe for lunch and had a couple of mouthfulls, a very tiny amount, of a pannini. Two mins after the meal I was practically on my knees outside the ladies, foaming at the gills and desperate to use the lav. The toilet was full up and I had to get my partner to rush me home (five mins in the car) where I promptly rushed to the toilet and EXPLODED!!!
Yuck!
You never know when its going to get you.
Lynne x

Dumping sounds abit like IBS, i get now after eating anything too fatty, sweats, chills and on the loo for ages, so not nice. Hope your okay hun xx

Back