• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A Geordie Hello :-)

peppermintfairy

Hi everyone I'm having my gastric balloon fitted on Friday 6th Dec, just wondering how you are all doing, and if there are any fellow ballooners joining me? x

hi welcome and good luck

Hello, welcome and good luck for tomorrow :)

Hello and Welcome! Hope all goes well for you tomorrow. Look forward to hearing how you got on x

Hi all thanks for your well wishes, arrived in Prague earlier now just counting down the clock til morning! Any balloonees out there? xx

D-Day has arrived.... Nervous and not had anything to eat since 2pm yesterday afternoon, stopped drinking water at midnight and now I'm getting what feels like acid perfectly normal when fasting pre-op? xx

It's been a bit of a rollercoaster I've stopped randomly being sick, however trying to move onto solids and the pain in my tummy is unbearable and then I start vomiting :-S is this perfectly normal? I'm having baby food for 7 month olds which is ok, but anything home made just ugh... Could anyone help me out with what meds they are one, mine are all in Czech and my gp can't decipher them xxx oh and merry Christmas!! Xx

Post the names of them here and I'll look in my BNF for you :)

That is so kind of you, I have a couple that I need to use daily have those at hand, the others are as and when but haven't got them with me at the min. Itoprid pmcs 50mg and ortanol 20mg. Thank you so much xx

Hey, so have had a look for you.

It looks like the itoprid is called Itopride here - it's used for dyspepsia (indigestion) that's mostly caused by your gut not moving enough so the drug causes your bowel to move more - let your GP know that it's a gut motility increasing drug...he can put you on something similar if you're experiencing indigestion.

The second one, ortanol, has omeprazole in it (it's just called Omeprazole here....Kinda like saying nurofen and ibuprofen...same thing :) Omeprazole is also used for reducing the amount of acid in your stomach which will help to soothe it... it's also used for indigestion. Your GP can just switch you to plain old omeprazole :)

Being a medical student comes in handy sometimes :D

That is so kind of you, I have a couple that I need to use daily have those at hand, the others are as and when but haven't got them with me at the min. Itoprid pmcs 50mg and ortanol 20mg. Thank you so much xx

Where about's in Prague did u have ur balloon? Did u get the 6 or 12 month one? How are u doing now?

I had it done in the new you clinic, the sickness has stopped unless I eat too much took around a month to settle down hun, stays in for 6 months xx

Back