• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric ballooners??

Gaggle

Hi
If there any gastric ballooners out there, please could you give me an idea of your sort of weight loss if you dont mind. Due to have one fitted soon and really hoping it works

Thanks xx

Hi Gaggle, and welcome to minis. I am a bander myself, but I know that there are now several ladies here who have had a balloon - twinladyuk, and dragonkhan are two names to look out for posts from and I am sure one of them will be along to help soon x

Hi Gaggle

I had my balloon fitted 2.5 months ago and I have lost just over 2.5 stones. I have gone from a size 22 to a 16 top and 18 bottom in that time. For me the balloon was the best thing I have ever done. Where are you having yours fitted? I am under the national obesity clinic and they have been amazing. I weigh in once a week and have a counselling and dietitian session once a week too. They are also available at any time I need them - I even called them while on holiday last week!
Good luck and let me know how you get on.
Kxxx

Thanks Twinladyuk

That as helped so much. Im goin to have it fitted on Saturday this week with the Hospital group. Although you seem to have a great support team from the national obesity centre. I am hopin to loose 3 stone, hope thats possible. You have done so well please keep me updated if you don't mind?

I know the first week will be tough and there are still ways of cheating but I will ride the storm and through this site stay focused

Thanks x

Please could I ask I know it's cheeky but do you mind sending me a copy of your food plan for the first couple of weeks?? I hope you don't mind.

Thanks Twinladyuk ;)

Hello, - here is the list of food I have been advised to stick to through my clinic

White fish, shellfish, seafood
Lean bacon, beef, chicken (skinless), grouse (skinless), partridge (skinless), pheasant (skinless), rabbit, turkey (skinless), veal, venison, soya, tofu, quorn
Alfalfa, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, cress, cucumber, lettuce, cress, radishes, spring onions, tomatoes, water chestnuts, watercress
Apple, cherries, grapefruit, lemon, lime, orange, pear, plum
Asparagus. broccoli. brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, chillies. courgette, leeks, mange tout, mushrooms, onions, peas, peppers, runner beans, spinach, sugarsnap peas, aubergine
Tea - any, coffee, diet drinks, bovril or marmite, lemon and lime juice, mineral water - any, tomato juice, skimmed milk
eggs
up to 4 ryvita, energen crispbreads or rice cakes a day

Thats it!!

Hope it helps and good luck

Kxxx

Hey Gaggle

How did you get on? I've been thinking of you. Let me know.

I have now lost 3 stone and a bought a pair of jeans in a size 16 yesterday and they FIT!!!! So exciting!

Kxxx

Hi Twinladyuk

Wow !!! great news on the jeans bet you feel fab. Thanks for thinking of me.

Bit rough! 24hrs vomiting as you prob know all about. Today only sick once after some soup, but back to sucking my ice pops as they work wonders.

So hard isn't it to get to grips with it, get tummy ache if not eating enough but then get it with one spoon to many. Really is trial and error. Can't wait for the weight loss, i'm trying to give it a full week before I weigh in, but wow what an inspiration you are I bet you felt 10 feet taller buying that slimmer size :D

Glad that you are feeling better. The sickness and cramps do ease up and you learn by trial and error what is too much! I feel great and it helps that everyone is noticing and massaging my ego! My mates are also saying that I carry myself differently and even my 'walk' has increased confidence! I love the fact that for the 1st time in 20+ years I can go anywhere to buy my clothes and my jeans don't have to come from Evans and M&S!!

Keep me posted on your progress.

Kxxx

So pleased for you, know exactly what you mean. I don't go back to work until next Tuesday so i'm taking it easy and God each day I feel more and more human and more able to judge what I can eat and how little. Definitely trial and error.

You will have to give me your e-mail if thats ok

Know what you mean about the confidence walk thing, that is also my aim..he he.

I think for me becoming slimmer will mean a more confident a sexy person. Think my husband would agree to that but he loved me bless him regardless.

Keep in touch :)

Hey Gaggle

Email - [email protected]

My hubby is so thrilled with the new, more confident me! I weighed in yesterday and have lost 3st 3lb. I am half way today! The last 3 months have just flown by especially as I am getting happier by the day!

Kxxx

Well done K, that's fantastic :D

Hiya

There isnt alot of threads regarding Intragastric Balloon that i have found, but having found this one i thought you maybe able to answer a question for me please.

I have read on different websites that the balloon can only be in your stomach for 6 months due to stomach acid,i was wondering if this is right or can it be left longer.

thanx

xx

HI yes it's true it can only stay in for 6 months due to the stomach acid. I had a balloon fitted 17 days ago and have to take a daily tablet while it is in my stomach to reduce acids. G x

Hiya

There isnt alot of threads regarding Intragastric Balloon that i have found, but having found this one i thought you maybe able to answer a question for me please.

I have read on different websites that the balloon can only be in your stomach for 6 months due to stomach acid,i was wondering if this is right or can it be left longer.

thanx

xx

Di you are far too nice to have stomach acid unlike me who has loads lol....Linda x

Back