• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 days after Balloon insertion

Freckle

Hi All,

I'm totally new and I had my 12 month gastric balloon fitted on Monday morning. This is day 3 and I feel miserable. I haven't eaten at all since Sunday and can't even hold fluids down.

I've tried ice cubes and tiny sips but it all comes back up (sorry for tmi).

I'm just beginning to wonder what on earth I'm putting myself through.

I went with the NOSC and although they've given me anti sickness meds, they're not having an effect as I'm throwing up so often.

Please tell me this doesn't last the whole 12 months?!

Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome sorry I can’t help you hunny. I’m pre op but I’m hope things will improve for you. Maybe you need to go back to your WLS team and get some advice

Xx

Hi welcome, I'm pre-op too. Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time with your balloon. I agree with Irene, I think you should talk to your bariatric team. I hope things improve for you xx

I'm a bit concerned about this as keeping yourself hydrated is obviously very important especially in this heat wave we are having right now. If you are still unable to keep fluids down then I'd consider contacting your GP (or bariatric team if you can get an emergency appointment) and asking about the anti sickness injection. If you are feeling faint or have any other symptoms of dehydration then don't be afraid to contact A and E or your local NHS drop in centre to get checked out and re-hydrated again if necessary.

I can only echo what Kev and the others have said, I don’t have any knowledge of the balloon but wish you good luck xx

I agree with everyone. You need fluids!
Give your team a call it’s not going to do any harm!
Keep us posted x

Back