• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A little advice please

kellsbells

Hiya all I hope your all well not been around for a little while just after a little advice I was banded October 12 had a bit of a long journey with it with pain etc in the beginning anyway we were out on Saturday night and I ate some onion rings and pizza never chewed it properly and resulted in being sick! Sunday wasn't too bad but since yesterday I've found I've needed to do little tiny burpy type things as it feels like it's going to be a burp coming up but it's the tiniest thing if that makes sense do you think I have something stuck or something has gone wrong. I have 6.75 ml in a 10ml band I'm trying to take it easy for a couple of days ie soup for dinner etc to see if I was just swollen a bit any advice? Xx

Hi Kells - this has happened to me a few times to be honest (banded May last year)... I've found the chewing and the 20-20-20 thing really hard after decades of just walloping my food down! I've not been able to eat pizza though at all since my op... or anything doughy to be honest. Can you go on softs for a couple of days if there is swelling from being sick? x

Thanks hun to be honest I can't really eat anything like that I do t even eat bread anymore so I should have known better it's the demon during lol I was just wondering about the little burps I keep coming out with will try fluids again for a couple of days thanks hun xxx

Sounds fairly normal to me, but you can always check with your provider for reassurance. I hope it settles down soon x

I've just eaten a slightly-too-large mouthful of dinner and had a sliming episode, grrr. We have to be so careful!

Sounds fairly normal to me, but you can always check with your provider for reassurance. I hope it settles down soon x I've just eaten a slightly-too-large mouthful of dinner and had a sliming episode, grrr. We have to be so careful!
Thank you will wait it out think I have a little reflux too ggggrrrr xx

It could be that from being sick the stomach around the band has swollen slightly, but has trapped air hence the little burps, but also this can lead to the acid.

Worth giving liquids a go for a few days to allow the swelling to go down, and with acid to avoid spicy, acidic foods as this can make the acid worse but also it gives the chance for the stomach to neutralise too :)

It could be that from being sick the stomach around the band has swollen slightly, but has trapped air hence the little burps, but also this can lead to the acid. Worth giving liquids a go for a few days to allow the swelling to go down, and with acid to avoid spicy, acidic foods as this can make the acid worse but also it gives the chance for the stomach to neutralise too :)
Thank you so much :) xx

It could be that from being sick the stomach around the band has swollen slightly, but has trapped air hence the little burps, but also this can lead to the acid. Worth giving liquids a go for a few days to allow the swelling to go down, and with acid to avoid spicy, acidic foods as this can make the acid worse but also it gives the chance for the stomach to neutralise too :)
Oh an btw you look amazing! X

I've had this too! But mine was followed with an episode of real uncomfy was for well over a week. Give liquids a go for a little bit x

Oh an btw you look amazing! X

Thank you, I should update my pics as they are 2+ stone ago lol

How are you feeling now? Are you doing any better?

Back