• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A little help please...

lclucy89

A low down on so far...

I had my band fitted 27th June 2011, I flew to Prague and paid privately. I had 2 fills with them, one around the September and another the following march. I've been emailing them since summer last year for another fill and they weren't happy to do one, so I booked with the hospital group and paid privately to have one with them.
This was January time and now I am back to eating a fair bit. I think my band is 5ml and I have 3.5 in.
Alot off food gets stuck and I throw up meals at least once a day!
I've lost 3 and a half stone and seem to be stuck on this weight, I want to lose another 3 stone. I've now joined weight watchers to try and help me out.. I thought the day of paying for these diets were over?!?! :/
I also get a pain in my left shoulder blade quite a lot and it is so uncomfortable!

Has anyone else experienced what I have? Or has anyone got some advice please??

Lucy ... Sorry things arent going as well for you as desired. What aftercare did your original provider in Prague offer? You don't say why your provider wouldn't give you an extra fill....But your first port of call for expert guidance would be your provider, as we can only give you our personal opinions here.

The throwing up meals once a day is not good as you may cause yourself damage ... Could be that you are over-restricted, don't chew enough, eat too quickly? What sorts of foods are you eating? Are they the best type of banders food to keep you feeling full for longer? How much? You say you eat a fair bit ... What quantities are you talking about? Do you keep an honest food diary that you may want to share?

Personally, if I eat too little or too quick I can get the wind pains (like you mentioned in your shoulder) so i try to eat regularly and maybe 4-5 planed times a day, as if I stick rigidly to 3 meals a day, I get hungry, eat my first couple of mouthfuls too quickly ... And then I know about it :eek:

If you want to share a little more with us, there will be other banders popping by to give you their views :)

Back