• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A little advice pls

kellsbells

Hiya all not been around for a good while as was having trouble with Thg anyway that's been sorted I'm almost 5 myths post op and I've got 6ml in my 10 ml band thing is I joined slimming world to keep an eye on what I was eating an done mostly red days since having my second fill I can't eat chicken or ham omg the pain is awfull they were my staple foods to have now I don't know what to eat I can eat extra lean mince fine and cracker breads all good but I'm not getting full will I never be able to eat chicken or ham again? Do I need some taken out? Although I'm still hungry after I've eaten? I think this is because I'm not getting the protein of the chicken , ham etc any advice welcome thank you xx

Have you tried quorn products, or are you ok with fish?

I don't eat meat so can't really advise if you will be ok to eat them again. I haven't eaten meat for 26 years but from what I remember its probably the texture thats causing the problem.

It sounds like you have good restriction so take things slowly maybe go back a stage, chew, chew and chew some more and then try and go back onto meat?

Good luck xx

hi there was just reading yur post im only 6 weeks post op not getting my band fill for another 2 weeks wondered if u could tell me wot to expect .if u are wanting to eat chicken and other meats try yur local butcher if u ask them they will probably mince these things for u u may hav to order in advance but thats how i get round it

regards

sue

I find eating meat can be difficult. The only I can keep chicken or pork chop etc down is to cut it in to really small pieces at the start so I'm not temped to put larger bits in my mouth. And chew really well.
I know what you mean about being hungry after a meal, if I am still hungry then eat a bit more! Better to be full then sniffing around for snacks!

Fish is a great protein source. Depends on the type, but sometimes i struggle on it if its a bit dry. You could try pork or turkey mince which can also be really low in fat and high in protein. I make homemade meat balls and sauces/chillies/dry curries/shepherds pies with them ... Really tasty ... A bit of slider food, but at least nutritious.

hi there was just reading yur post im only 6 weeks post op not getting my band fill for another 2 weeks wondered if u could tell me wot to expect .if u are wanting to eat chicken and other meats try yur local butcher if u ask them they will probably mince these things for u u may hav to order in advance but thats how i get round it

regards

sue

Hiya Hun it's really nothing to it she will get you to lay down raise your head a little so she can find it insert the needle fill and that's it mine gives me water and a hit drink then I go really simple non painful xx

my fill of a week age has finally given me a little restriction- however I'm currently no able to eat pork, or the staples of my protein which was chicken and prawns. They don't get stuck, they just don o down, saying that my omelette today didn't either. I am finding a week further on that I can't eat at all during the day and stick to yogurts or liquids, but I can feel a little relaxing from the band.

Give It a little time before having any taken out. I did have quorn mince tonight made into a chilli with miracle rice and that went own ok - not too bad for protein either and it didn't taste any different which was surprising as I love mince!.

Back